Gaming Last Switch game you finished

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last game I completed was 198X. Amazing game, I'm playing FF7 but work stops me from completing it. I also would love to replay Breath of The Wild soon.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
want to play skyward sword but people say that it's full of fetch quests and that's boring, is that true?
I like Skyward Sword very much. I played it on both the Wii and the Switch and had a lot of fun both times. It can feel a little repetitive at times, but I don't mind. It might bore some people, though, mostly because the game world isn't that big.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Last game I finished was Metroid Dread, really enjoyed it. It was a little intense for me so I played through it on several sessions. I'm nearly done with Eastward and San Andreas (Remastered).

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last game I finished was Metroid Dread, really enjoyed it. It was a little intense for me so I played through it on several sessions. I'm nearly done with Eastward and San Andreas (Remastered).
How are you liking Eastward? I've been eyeing it for a while now.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How are you liking Eastward? I've been eyeing it for a while now.
I've really enjoyed Eastward, the puzzles are quite easy but it's similar to the top-down zelda games, except that its more of a linear world. I get a sense of adventure when I play it, love the soundtrack and characters. Some parts can be a little repetitive but a fast travel function was introduced in one of the later updates, which kinda eliminated the repetitiveness.

Some people have said that it's like a combination of Mother and Zelda. Unfortunately, I've never played Mother games but I can tell that there are some references to it in Eastward. (I have been meaning to play mother 3 at some point)

I also really like the art style!

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon brilliant diamond: finished the main story (only the elite 4 are a real challenge), wrapping up the side-quests (can't get the heracross to fall out of his tree). Without cheats and glitches btw.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've really enjoyed Eastward, the puzzles are quite easy but it's similar to the top-down zelda games, except that its more of a linear world. I get a sense of adventure when I play it, love the soundtrack and characters. Some parts can be a little repetitive but a fast travel function was introduced in one of the later updates, which kinda eliminated the repetitiveness.

Some people have said that it's like a combination of Mother and Zelda. Unfortunately, I've never played Mother games but I can tell that there are some references to it in Eastward. (I have been meaning to play mother 3 at some point)

I also really like the art style!
Thanks, seems like it's going on my to buy list.

Reactions: onibaku

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing as this is where I mostly post about picross games... I was happy to discover today that Picross S7 is out now. Also means I'm finally gonna get around to updating my firmware :D

Reactions: zxr750j

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished Eastward yesterday.
Was pretty fun overall and had a lot of charm + an amazing soundtrack to boot.
My only gripe being that the main plot was a bit hard to understand near the end.

Will definitely go back and play it again at some point in ng+.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally cleared the "Chaos in the Grand Labyrinth" level of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker with the tick for the additional requirement of getting the whole Toad Brigade through intact, which I didn't manage last time I was playing this game. That was the final extra bonus level of the Switch version, so I've got my 100% clearance now. It's been a long journey, I cleared everything on the original Wii U version apart from the final bonus level of that version, god damn Mummy Me Maze Forever, and when I played through everything again when the Switch port came out (it's a solid game, worth a replay) I got stuck again on that level for a long time. Eventually cleared it who knows how many months later, then powered through the extra Switch levels until this dang Labyrinth level, which is easy enough to finish but a lot more of a butt pain to get through without your little followers getting bumped off.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Came back to Metroid Dread after a bit of a breather, and finally got my under 4 hour completion for hard mode (had already done an under 4 hour run for normal mode, and got 100% items on my first playthrough). That's unlocked all the gallery rewards now, and I feel like I'm done for now. I previously tried out the early-bombs boss-kill sequence break for shits and giggles, but I'm not particularly interested in extreme speed running, glitches and all that.

Really good Metroid game anyway, would recommend.

I also recently played through Jettomero: Hero of the Universe, which I've had installed since it came out forever ago but finally fired up as an easy diversion between other games. Cute little indie game with a nice story, and cool comic book graphical style, tho the gameplay gets a bit repetitive. It's short enough that that's not too much of a problem tho, and I was satisfied when I got to the end. Worth a play.

onithalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finished :
mana spark
Spirit fare (:cry:)
Bravely default 2 (:wub:)
Fire emblem three houses (B-))
Diablo 3 (:mthr:)
Couldn't keep on playing astral chain, got weirdly on my nervs

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing as this is where I mostly post about picross games... I was happy to discover today that Picross S7 is out now. Also means I'm finally gonna get around to updating my firmware :D
25 days later (last night) I finished Picross S7. They need to start releasing them more often :rofl: Dear Nintendo Ninjas stalking this forum, please make it a monthly series.

All the same game modes as the last few, no surprises, solid quality game. What was new in this entry was the option of touchscreen control. I didn't try it yet tbh. When I first got my Switch I'd been playing the whole Picross e series on 3DS, was fully committed to the touchscreen/stylus controls, and not looking forward to switching to controller for the S series. I got used to it pretty quick tho, and it feels natural now. Maybe if I had the appropriate stylus I'd try the new control option, IDK how they've got it set up because on 3DS you'd hold buttons with the other hand while using the stylus, and the Switch is a bit chonky for that.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I came back to Link's Awakening after a looooong break. Finished the last handful of dungeons in the dungeon creator, looked up the last two seashells and one heart piece that I never managed to find myself (got everything else without looking things up, mildly disappointing not to manage the lot), then went to the egg. Final boss was interesting to figure out all its various stages. Then got the final figurine that you can only collect after beating the game.

Got no particular interest in trying to beat the game without dying, or in slightly harder mode, so I guess I'm done. This was a nice visual upgrade of a solid classic Zelda game, so I'm happy. Overclocking dealt with the slow downs so no real complaints.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

shafiq0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I actually finished 3 games in a row yesterday.

Hollow Knight (Normal Ending), Samurai Warriors 5, and NEO The World Ends with You. What a rush, that last one was particularly awesome, one of the best final boss fights I've experienced in a while.

Planning to get into Metroid Dread later on, and probably Disco Elysium.
Hello, will it be possible for you to share your Samurai Warriors 5 save game for the Switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran