Hacking last 3 backups keep freezing

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the last 3 backups I burned keep on freezing at a certain point early on in the game. the games are

super monkey ball step & roll
no more heroes 1
ea sports active.

i am using memorex dvd+R. i have other games burnt on the same discs from the same pack (nsmbw, prime trilogy) and they work fine.

i tried on neogamma 6 and 7, same thing. monkey ball freezes while loading the 3rd stage. nmh1 freezes during the training. ea sports my wife uses so im not sure at what point it freezes. also when it freezes a loud sound plays from the tv.

could burning at 8x be the cause of this? or is it the dvd+R that i'm using?

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
I've always had bad experiences with DVD+R, I only use DVD-R and I've never had issues (even though I've long since moved to usb loaders)

I would love to get USB loading going, however, my Wii is nowhere near my PC so moving my ex hdd back and forth would be a pain..

could USB loading work with a flash drive? cuz ill go out and get a 32 gig flash drive now.

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
It should work with almost anything you plug into the USB port

oh wow, nice. is there anything i'd need to do to set this up? or just load ISOs onto a flash and get the appropriate homebrew app to run?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
patoons said:
oh wow, nice. is there anything i'd need to do to set this up? or just load ISOs onto a flash and get the appropriate homebrew app to run?
The only thing an USB loader needs is a cIOS, which you already have.

So basically, all thats left is the preparation of the drive (which can be as simple as creating a "wbfs" folder in the root and placing the ISOs there)

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
The only thing an USB loader needs is a cIOS, which you already have.

So basically, all thats left is the preparation of the drive (which can be as simple as creating a "wbfs" folder in the root and placing the ISOs there)

nice. so now to find a cheap flash drive or micro SD card (i have a usb stick with a micro sd slot)

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:

how do i prepare the drive? i hooked up my external hdd to it, and created the wbfs folder in the root and put 2 ISOs there, and i got a message saying i need to format the partition.

now, i have music, movies, photos etc on my hard drive, i dont want to lose them. is there a way to make it so it reads from 1 folder maybe, and i wont have to format?

also, can i share the ISO folder on my pc for it to load ISOs wirelessly?? just a thought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Wb1DdEdrGSE?si=b0bLxJi6sW6_RSxy