Hacking Language files for Usb Loader GX

bovirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Which are the difference between version 1119 and 1120 of the language?
I didn't find any new /revised string.

The italian langauge file it's again version 1114.
I posted some days ago the version 1119 (and is the same for 1120). Please use it to update SVN.

When xFede posted his version I can merge it immediately.

New revised version of USB Loader GX italian language (r1120).

http://www.adsl4all.net/public/Translations/USB_loader_GX_italian.zip

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no updated language file between r1119 and r1120.
He didn't generated the new strings for other language files, maybe he is in the process to update few things and I guess he will do it once he completed the update batch. (just a supposition).

About the size of the buttons, it's a common size for everything, it doesn't depend on the text written on it.
The button size are made to fit the screen and looks like the real Wii menu.
We need to make the english fit the button too, it's not the button which are created to fit the english string we chose.

The prompt windows can have more text, and you can use up to 1 title line + 3 description lines (line feed is automatic).

What could be done is thinking that other language may need different words when english use the same one.
For example "both" in Italian can be masculine or feminine following the context.

In the language file there's only one "Both" possible as it's sorted alphabetically
frown.gif

USBGX is using a string matching system instead of a reference system. I don't think we would change that, the language file is now well integrated to change all the system.
the only thing we can do is creating slightly different strings like "Success" "Success.", so it could be "Both" "Both " in english, and it will let the translator use different translations.

I'm concerned about translators difficulty.
I'm also working on another program which need to be localized (not translated), and I need to think about all languages (though, I didn't code it with rtl languages in mind).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should change a little again (We will revert back to "WiiTDB" for some menus).

Anyway, today will be the release of v2.3, so if translators could update the files from their language that would be great ;)
If the files are updated after the release it's fine too, we will upload them in the release folder. Just specify that it's for the released version.

Edit:
The release is done.

I'll add the new files to the release path.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you.

xFede sent me Italian.lang for 1119.
I'll add missing string in his file from your file.
I think his version is better for few menus (you didn't change the errors I told on previous page. Some strings doesn't have the correct meaning).
I'll mix both files.

Though, I still have some question regarding some entry. I'll post later if I need precisions.

For T chinese 1120 :
Remember that the file must be in UTF-8 without BOM. (or ANSI as UTF-8)

I'll send all language files for v2.3 (r1123) at the same time from all active translators (only 5 :P)

For all translators :
If there are new string in r1124+ and you didn't release a language for v2.3, please make two version, one specific for 2.3 and one for the last beta. The files for the official releases are stored in a different folder than the beta files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bumping this to say that we are still waiting for the language update for the latest release USBLoaderGX v2.3
only two language files are done (r1122/1124):
French.lang
Italian.lang (main version from xFede and parts from Bovirus).
German.lang
Japanese.lang

We are still missing:
Tchinese (1120)
Portuguese pt (1119)

I won't wait for other languages, they seems not active anymore.

We changed WiiTDB references to the new website name : GameTDB.
So a lot of sentences are back to english. It will be bad to let the release version with a lot of untranslated sentences, specially the one that were translated before.

Like always, you can find your old sentences at the bottom of the language file so it's easy to restore the new changes.

T

TheRealVisitor

We are still missing:
Japanese (1122)
German (1120)
Tchinese (1120)
Portuguese pt (1119)...

See post #987 http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3940486
I uploaded German.lang for r1122 (GX 2.3 rc1) before GX 2.3 was released but it was not included in 2.3. I don't know why.

Here is the same file as before:
German.lang for r1124 (nothing changed between r1122 and r1124)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9viql1i2yejo2s7

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah yes you are right, sorry I saw only the previous one.

So we are only missing two language files.
I'll update them this week even if we don't have chinese and portuguese update.

atlanx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

There is a little problem with the german translation.

The Translation of
Code:
669 msgid "Export All Saves to EmuNand"
670 msgstr "Alle Spielstände in EmuNand exportieren"
is too long.
This moves the status of the settings "An/Aus" outside of the window or at least under the scroll bars.

Please make it shorter. Example:
Code:
669 msgid "Export All Saves to EmuNand"
670 msgstr "Export. Spielstände in EmuNand"

----
And
msgid "Use System Font"
msgstr "System Schrift benutzen"
is bit long, too.
Could be better:
msgid "Use System Font"
msgstr "Wii-Systemschriftart"

----
And
msgid "Debugger Paused Start"
msgstr "Debugger Pausierter Start"
is bit long, too.
Sorry, i don't have idea how to make it shorter because i don't understand what this setting is for.

----
And
msgid "Wiilight"
msgstr "Licht am Laufwerk"
could be nicer translated with
msgid "Wiilight"
msgstr "Wii-Laufwerkslicht"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu