Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yCh57FJ.png

Try me!

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always ask Nintendo on their Facebook/Twitter. They aren't that mean... maybe they can provide some help!!! : D

They just killed Luigi, the least they could do is help get audio for GameCube's Luigi's Mansion on Lakka.

I mean, companies are like this, just ask Sony and Geohot. They practically gave out those keys :)
Also, the Luigi thing is news to me?

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is gamecube and wii ishiiruka?
Ishiiruka is a fork of Dolphin that is for older hardware. This Dolphin-emu thread should help explain things better:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphin-ishiiruka-custom-vs-dolphin-official

I mean, companies are like this, just ask Sony and Geohot. They practically gave out those keys :)
Also, the Luigi thing is news to me?
1) If Geohot asked, maybe Sony would have gave him the keys? :D
2) Look up the latest Smash Bros' Nintendo Direct for Luigi being killed by the Grim Reaper. I'm not even being sarcastic.

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ishiiruka is a fork of Dolphin that is for older hardware. This Dolphin-emu thread should help explain things better:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphin-ishiiruka-custom-vs-dolphin-official

1) If Geohot asked, maybe Sony would have gave him the keys? :D
2) Look up the latest Smash Bros' Nintendo Direct for Luigi being killed by the Grim Reaper. I'm not even being sarcastic.

I was so caught up in the pursuit of knowledge I never stopped and asked myself if I could handle said knowledge.
I can't.
Memento Mori, Sir Luigi RIP in pepperoni :,(

D

Deleted User

This thread's really gone to shit, huh?

Looking forward to all the work you guys are putting into this though, don't let anyone bog you down with dumb shit.

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
You will be able to do si with hekate hopefully soon.
I pray that since hekate needs to boot todo the Linux payload I think this might actually fix a lot of people's issues of it not always booting on first try (for me I figured out the problem with my computer+switch, my whole usb 3 chipset on my motherboard would not play nice with the transfer of Linux payload but after getting a pcie 3.1 gen II card it boots without fail, infact it even reboots without fail However in retrospect I was very angry with myself the day I bought it because CTCacer confirmed support for Linux payload booting in the next update (that was like 3 weeks ago so I'm happy that it wasn't a complete waste of an investment)

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I pray that since hekate needs to boot todo the Linux payload I think this might actually fix a lot of people's issues of it not always booting on first try (for me I figured out the problem with my computer+switch, my whole usb 3 chipset on my motherboard would not play nice with the transfer of Linux payload but after getting a pcie 3.1 gen II card it boots without fail, infact it even reboots without fail However in retrospect I was very angry with myself the day I bought it because CTCacer confirmed support for Linux payload booting in the next update (that was like 3 weeks ago so I'm happy that it wasn't a complete waste of an investment)
CTCaer already got linux/lakka running. However, the next release has more feature than just that.

Quoting him:

In the next version, you'll be able to run their custom hekate as is. Or if they add support, to copy paste their .ini and their hekate module and run them.

It takes so long to release, because it's a redesign on how certain features work.
At first, users will be overwhelmed, but devs will know what to do with these additions. And in time users (power users mostly) will start to get familiar and use them.
Normal users, that want sth that just works, will also be able to use it like that.

Lastly, you'll be able to flash it and leave it on a modchip, because it will be able to run its updated self from sd card.
Everything will be revealed in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...