Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great, but its possible to do fresh install? or do i have to install the old way and then update?

Also, someone started working on the bounty for the dolphin core.....

You can fresh install. Just back up what you want then delete all partitions on the SD and create a new big FAT32 part.

Reactions: ShadyGame

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can fresh install. Just back up what you want then delete all partitions on the SD and create a new big FAT32 part.
Okay thanks, I don't need to backup nothing because I never really tried Lakka [emoji4]

Enviado do meu Mi MIX 2 através do Tapatalk

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems a good start but seems a bit of a hasle booting and shutting down, maybe retroarch can be ported directly via homebrew like other emus have been.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Small pro tip for the SSH users that I just confirmed working, just like any linux distro that uses OpenSSH you can totally drop an "autorized_keys" in the ".ssh" folder to authenticate the SSH session with an SSH key, saves entering the password every time

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesus, they get Lakka Switch working on Windows architecture and people are still whining that it's not the architecture they want. brb deleting account
That's because the Switch SD cards are ExFat by default on fw >= 5.X so it requiring FAT32 either means reformatting the Switch card *or* using a separate card. Both are on the long run more cumbersome,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the Switch SD cards are ExFat by default on fw >= 5.X so it requiring FAT32 either means reformatting the Switch card *or* using a separate card. Both are on the long run more cumbersome,
people don't have random micro sds lying around? fuck, maybe i'm doing better than i thought...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question; is there a way to connect the bluetooth audio to your computer and play it through that? I recall being able to do something like that with my android a long time ago.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the sound and voltage issues are fixed sometime. I would rather run this than CFW on my console until it is safe to use without banning as there should be zero risk of banning since Horizon has no idea of Linux payloads booted via RCM mode.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I just reformatted my SD on 5.1 yesterday using the switch, it defaults to FAT32 (it was exFAT before too).

Maybe it does it > 120+GB, but not on smaller sizes

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly figured the battery and audio issues would be fixed by now.... at least the battery. Considering thats not even fixed I wonder if this is even being worked on anymore.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@natinusala can you update your original post and mention the battery issue is fixed and audio works via bluetooth only

Currently says the following:
The system is not perfect yet, some issues are still present (battery desync, no audio, wifi only working after a reboot...).

I know link states the fixes and issues, but ppl like @heroshime428 tend not to read from external links or going thru threads

P.S been following this thread since page 1, awesome job & keep up the good work!

people don't have random micro sds lying around? fuck, maybe i'm doing better than i thought...

Quick question; is there a way to connect the bluetooth audio to your computer and play it through that? I recall being able to do something like that with my android a long time ago.

there is this android app;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.georgie.SoundWireFree

allows you to use your android phone as a bluetooth speaker

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually ive read quite a bit as stated before. Much more then you know and reading the same thing over isnt going to change my opinion. The de sync issue is not fixed. The symptoms of the problem are being mitigated. At least to my knowledge.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctcaers-hekate-w-battery-desync-fix.509321/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up. +1