Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So basicaly for those who didnt do this lakka thing up to now dont need to run the battery fix, right?

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New release : Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel-20180702145547-r28266-gd7ab03d6b

What's new :
  • Lakka doesn't break your battery anymore :toot:
    • You will need to run the fix in Hekate 3.0 first if your console was affected
    • Make sure to update your copy of the boot script as coreboot.rom was also affected
    • This also prevents Linux from shutting down early, just as Horizon did
How to update : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/update.html
how do you update the coreboot.rom? I am getting failed updates each time i try it just by putting it in the update folder and rebooting

crotchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cant wait for audio to work so I can experience all my fav n64 games again, portable this time.
great work, keep it up!

roflrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get Lakka to boot using an Android phone, I placed all of the files correctly and launched the app, it sends me the messages saying that it was successful but nothing ever happens on the Switch side. What am I doing wrong? The screen never turns on and I'm following what the FAQ says, it just won't work.

Last edited by roflrabbit,
Reactions: SkillingCat

DacoTaco

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
New release : Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel-20180702145547-r28266-gd7ab03d6b

What's new :
  • Lakka doesn't break your battery anymore :toot:
    • You will need to run the fix in Hekate 3.0 first if your console was affected
    • Make sure to update your copy of the boot script as coreboot.rom was also affected
    • This also prevents Linux from shutting down early, just as Horizon did
How to update : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/update.html
just wondering, why hasn't anyone forked failoverflow's git, and requested merges with these patches?

i mean, this is the first time i see some off these patches... (saw the uart & joycon ones before from their original creator)

Last edited by DacoTaco,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
How can we get docking support and wireless Joy-Con support working by this point? Build new drivers for them? Or is docking support just not possible?

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just want to know, how likely is to be banned for booting another OS on the Switch?

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you never used any linux distribution on your switch, then yes there's no need to do that.
I've got a 64GB SD, can i use it for both Lakka and normal homebrews?
Yes, just make a separated partition in fat32/exfat for homebrew/HorizonOs and you should be good to go

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you never used any linux distribution on your switch, then yes there's no need to do that.

Yes, just make a separated partition in fat32/exfat for homebrew/HorizonOs and you should be good to go
Uhm i tried that, but the Switch just uses the "LAKKA" partition, not the big one.

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uhm i tried that, but the Switch just uses the "LAKKA" partition, not the big one.
Is it really a big deal ? I think that you can use that one for both and extend it (haven't tested with lakka though, only for regular linux distribution)

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it really a big deal ? I think that you can use that one for both and extend it (haven't tested with lakka though, only for regular linux distribution)
Oh, didn't know that. So i can just extend the LAKKA partition to ~60GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol