Homebrew Question Lakka GC/Wii Speeds

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make Lakka run faster on Gamecube and Wii? Like maybe some settings, files I should install, etc?
Edit: For example, Gamecube games run at like 20 FPS, and I tried to run Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which literally crashed Lakka. Is it just overclocking? If so, what's the safest limit to overclock to on GPU and CPU?

Last edited by Gameboyandwatch,

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way to make Lakka run faster on Gamecube and Wii? Like maybe some settings, files I should install, etc?
Edit: For example, Gamecube games run at like 20 FPS, and I tried to run Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which literally crashed Lakka. Is it just overclocking? If so, what's the safest limit to overclock to on GPU and CPU?

I overclock GC games to around 1700CPU(max performance), and can get 99% running full speed. Overclocking is deemed safe up to the Max Performance threshhold which has been tested by developers, I personally use that as my limit. Wii games are fairly useless to bother with most require 2k CPU overclock and still run badly. New Super Mario Bros, Klonoa are known to run very well with overclock, but I wouldn't bother with many other Wii games. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was never released on the gamecube..... what exactly are you trying to run it with ;P. Number 2 I haven't tested but videos of it run full speed on youtube. For GPU overclock pretty much anything up to 768(standard docked mode) is going to be safe as the switch uses it by default.

Last edited by Jackson98,

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I overclock GC games to around 1700(max performance), and can get 99% running full speed. Overclocking is deemed safe up to the Max Performance threshhold which has been tested by developers, I personally use that as my limit. Wii games are fairly useless to bother with most require 2k CPU overclock and still run badly. New Super Mario Bros, Klonoa are known to run very well with overclock, but I wouldn't bother with many other Wii games. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was never released on the gamecube..... what exactly are you trying to run it with ;P. Number 2 I haven't tested but videos of it run full speed on youtube.
I know, DBZ is a Wii game. Are there any other settings you use to run GC games at full speed? Because whenever I play it stutters a whole ton, or has lag spikes when new things are loaded in.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know, DBZ is a Wii game. Are there any other settings you use to run GC games at full speed? Because whenever I play it stutters a whole ton, or has lag spikes when new things are loaded in.

Enable threaded video,
Make sure Drivers set to Vulkan(very important)
Make sure your games are PAL(less demanding FPS)
Change CPU clock speed 1700
Go to Dolphin options and try the Dolphin CPU %

Oh and Budokai 3 was only ever released on the PS2 :P unless I am mistaken.

Reactions: Reynardine

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable threaded video,
Make sure Drivers set to Vulkan(very important)
Make sure your games are PAL(less demanding FPS)
Change CPU clock speed 1700
Go to Dolphin options and try the Dolphin CPU %

Oh and Budokai 3 was only ever released on the PS2 :P unless I am mistaken.
Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi are different game series, lmao. I'll try those in a bit or later today (is 6 am and I should probably sleep soon), thanks

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi are different game series, lmao. I'll try those in a bit or later today (is 6 am and I should probably sleep soon), thanks
Ah many apologies :P it is indeed on the Wii! As I said though Wii games in general run slowly ;). Gamecube are no problem though.

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah many apologies :P it is indeed on the Wii! As I said though Wii games in general run slowly ;). Gamecube are no problem though.
I ran Super Mario Sunshine with all of these settings, and it's pretty solid actually, it's not perfect though, it's still kind of painful to play. Is there no more way to better the FPS than those settings you listed? Also, for some reason, my joystick keeps turning left, not sure why. I know it's not drift because my joycons work fine

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ran Super Mario Sunshine with all of these settings, and it's pretty solid actually, it's not perfect though, it's still kind of painful to play. Is there no more way to better the FPS than those settings you listed? Also, for some reason, my joystick keeps turning left, not sure why. I know it's not drift because my joycons work fine

I can give you perfect settings for mario sunshine no pain :P. This gives full speed. EU(PAL), I run with 1700CPU and a slight GPU overclock just for the EFBSCALE x 2, If you leave it normal(X1) you dont need to boost GPU. Go to your options and change the settings in dolphin. If your still going slow try removing progressive scan, although this runs perfectly for me. Only some cutscenes may lag.

dolphin_bt_continuous_scan = "Off"
dolphin_cpu_clock_rate = "150%"
dolphin_cpu_core = "JITARM64"
dolphin_dsp_hle = "enabled"
dolphin_dsp_jit = "enabled"
dolphin_efb_scale = "x2 (1280 x 1056)"
dolphin_efb_scaled_copy = "enabled"
dolphin_efb_to_texture = "enabled"
dolphin_efb_to_vram = "disabled"
dolphin_fastmem = "enabled"
dolphin_force_texture_filtering = "disabled"
dolphin_gpu_texture_decoding = "enabled"
dolphin_ir_center = "50"
dolphin_ir_height = "50"
dolphin_ir_mode = "Right Stick controls pointer (absolute)"
dolphin_ir_width = "50"
dolphin_language = "English"
dolphin_load_custom_textures = "disabled"
dolphin_log_level = "Info"
dolphin_max_anisotropy = "0"
dolphin_mixer_rate = "48000"
dolphin_pal60 = "enabled"
dolphin_progressive_scan = "enabled"
dolphin_renderer = "Hardware"
dolphin_sensor_bar_position = "Bottom"
dolphin_shader_compilation_mode = "sync"
dolphin_wait_for_shaders = "disabled"
dolphin_widescreen = "enabled"
dolphin_widescreen_hack = "disabled"

Reactions: Reynardine

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can give you perfect settings for mario sunshine no pain :P. This gives full speed. EU(PAL), I run with 1700CPU and a slight GPU overclock just for the EFBSCALE x 2, If you leave it normal(X1) you dont need to boost GPU. Go to your options and change the settings in dolphin. If your still going slow try removing progressive scan, although this runs perfectly for me. Only some cutscenes may lag.

dolphin_bt_continuous_scan = "Off"
dolphin_cpu_clock_rate = "150%"
dolphin_cpu_core = "JITARM64"
dolphin_dsp_hle = "enabled"
dolphin_dsp_jit = "enabled"
dolphin_efb_scale = "x2 (1280 x 1056)"
dolphin_efb_scaled_copy = "enabled"
dolphin_efb_to_texture = "enabled"
dolphin_efb_to_vram = "disabled"
dolphin_fastmem = "enabled"
dolphin_force_texture_filtering = "disabled"
dolphin_gpu_texture_decoding = "enabled"
dolphin_ir_center = "50"
dolphin_ir_height = "50"
dolphin_ir_mode = "Right Stick controls pointer (absolute)"
dolphin_ir_width = "50"
dolphin_language = "English"
dolphin_load_custom_textures = "disabled"
dolphin_log_level = "Info"
dolphin_max_anisotropy = "0"
dolphin_mixer_rate = "48000"
dolphin_pal60 = "enabled"
dolphin_progressive_scan = "enabled"
dolphin_renderer = "Hardware"
dolphin_sensor_bar_position = "Bottom"
dolphin_shader_compilation_mode = "sync"
dolphin_wait_for_shaders = "disabled"
dolphin_widescreen = "enabled"
dolphin_widescreen_hack = "disabled"
Alright, I'll try these settings, thanks. Do these work for any GC game? Or just Sunshine? Also, what causes my right stick to drift left when I play?

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I'll try these settings, thanks. Do these work for any GC game? Or just Sunshine? Also, what causes my right stick to drift left when I play?

Check to see if if your joycons are calibrated properly. Otherwise quite possibly changing the analog deadzone for dolphin may help, try going up or down by 0.05 if your joycons are calibrated perfectly(see what works). I had to change mine a little bit to start with, its not an uncommon problem in lakka.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny