Hardware L226WA-WN & PS3 HDMI

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Once again, I have another question regarding the PS3.
The only monitor I have that supports HDMI is this L226WA-WN, unfortunately it doesn't have an audio output so I'd like to know if it's possible to make an HDMI video connection to the monitor and have the output through another device. For example, at the moment I have both my Wii and PS2 connected to this monitor through component but only the video cords, the audio ones are connected to my PC which then outputs the audio through speakers. The problem is, I can't do this with HDMI since the audio isn't separated from the video. Any help regarding this would be great.

Thank you.

P.s. here's a video of exactly what I need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpnVQPRfkYE

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
IIRC, PS3 has the same digital audio output that PS2 (and Xbox 360 and lots of other stuff) has ("coaxial" was it?). You can try that, if you've got an audio source that uses it. My LG monitor does, and my TV does, but I don't know what else does.

GNkyrios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
U can use the hdmi for video and connect your AV cable to the ps3 too and use it to output the audio, and/or use an AV-to-plug cable to put it on your audio-in (in your PC or monitor), or just plug the AV cables like u do with the component ones, also component cable supports 720p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker