Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my only objective is to dump/edit save files (Xenoblade 2, BotW, etc). Is everything in this OP all I need to achieve this? I have no need for emuNAND or backup loading games. Just wanna backup/restore saves.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So my only objective is to dump/edit save files (Xenoblade 2, BotW, etc). Is everything in this OP all I need to achieve this? I have no need for emuNAND or backup loading games. Just wanna backup/restore saves.
Jup, you can use EdiZon for that

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it crash? i got to album and it crashes everytime it has not done this before?

i put everything where its suppose to.

im using exFAT because of SX OS. i wanna play emulators.

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it crash? i got to album and it crashes everytime it has not done this before?

How'd you update? I transferred everything via FTP and it crashed every time I hit Album, transferred straight to the SD card and it's fine now.

Reactions: tomGER

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Have you tried launching hekate with the "Launch external payload" option in the SX OS boot menu?

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are a lot of modified versions of this pack going around, I'm not connected, responsible or justifiable for the content of those modifications.

A new version (with the newest builds) of SDfiles.zip since the version people are using is pretty old and doesn't support 5.1.
It's also easier to find updated files since I'll hopefully always update the GitHub with the newest builds!

I DID NOT MAKE ANY OF THESE, I JUST COMPILED THEM

So why the new release are you asking yourself? It's fairly simple, the SDfiles.zip that came with Hekate-5.x is so old that people are reporting a lot of problems that have already been fixed and that is kinda sad since this problem is actually fixable by providing a place where you can be sure that you're downloading the latest builds and don't encounter old problems.

Works on ALL current firmwares

Featuring:

-Parts of Atmosphere
-Homebrew Menu
-Homebrew Loader
-nx-dreport (as a third launch option in hekate to clear logs)
-AppstoreNX
-Gag-Order
-EdiZon

How to use:

1. Download the newest hekate build
2. Put the content of the ZIP onto the root of your SD
3. Start the hekate payload via your launcher of choice
4. Success

Changelog:

v1:
  • Initial Release
v1.00001:
  • Small but yet again important fix
v1.2:
  • Added little info to the hekate launch options to make it easier to help people
  • Added a forked version of the Homebrew Menu by Steven Mattera with touch screen support (Thanks to CTCaer for recommending it)
  • Added Gag-Order by Adubbz with some custom changes
v2.0:
  • Added compatibility with the newest Atmosphere commits (Thanks to @CTCaer )
  • Added EdiZon, a Save Editor by @thomasnet-mc and @WerWolv98
  • Updated everything to the newest commits
  • HOTFIX: Changed hekate_ipl to adress t_memory overflow!
v2.5:

• Added launch option for firmware version 1.0 consoles
  • Updated EdiZon
  • Updated Atmosphere
  • Updated GagOrder
  • Finally updated the file structure to make it look cleaner (kip1's are now stored in the modules folder)
  • Added some minor formatting to hekate-ipl.ini (And then removed nearly everything in order to stay in the 500 Byte Limit (The file is now exactly 500 Bytes) - Here is a small insight how it would have looked like). This will however be improved when the newest hekate version comes out (Thanks to @CTCaer for implementing it (soon™️)!)
v2.6:

• Added more formatting to hekate_ipl.ini
  • Updated Dreport
  • Updated Homebrew Menu
  • Updated GagOrder
  • Updated to latest LibNX
  • Removed little information only seen by opening hekate_ipl.ini to reduce file size to under 500 Bytes and fix a bug that could happen under certain circumstances

It is possible to rotate the screen ? (i know it's for being in line with the buttons up and down)
But doing jig's operation, i Just want to read the nomal way
I'm so fed up to use it vertically :(

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch's filesystem service has this bug since ever.

Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.
don't work for me, i use mac os. tried it on windows but there is no "advanced" option under properties

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your SD file can't run romf
my hbmenu don't show any home-brews but it worked before i updated the files from @tomGER
i even formatted my microsd and put everything back in but the homebrews won't show up
edit: ok mounted it on another windows laptop with the newest windows and there was the called option. works now. thanks

Last edited by focusonme,

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey there is still no backup loader ?
Nope - If you exclude SX OS - Also wrong thread

It is possible to rotate the screen ? (i know it's for being in line with the buttons up and down)
But doing jig's operation, i Just want to read the nomal way
I'm so fed up to use it vertically :(
It's possible to implement but I don't think that @CTCaer (or others for that matter) are willing to put so much effort into such a small feature

your SD file can't run romf

What exactly do you mean?

my hbmenu don't show any home-brews but it worked before i updated the files from @tomGER
i even formatted my microsd and put everything back in but the homebrews won't show up
edit: ok mounted it on another windows laptop with the newest windows and there was the called option. works now. thanks
don't work for me, i use mac os. tried it on windows but there is no "advanced" option under properties

Use this newly compiled version of hekate and start "Fix SD files attributes" under "Tools" in the "Misc" section!
https://transfer.sh/vSqjh/HekateMasterCompile.bin

This should hopefully fix it!

Reactions: focusonme

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whenever I open this site, it shows this
I'm not sure if it's specific to this one thread, but GBATemp seems to be bringing along maleware with its ads sometimes.
Edit - nevermind... everytime I open the first page of this thread, Malwarebytes blocks it.
Hmm, I can't find anything except github links on that page so it's either GBATemp or some user signature. I'd pass that to the GBATemp staff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows