Hacking Konosuba - Attack of the Destroyer Full English Patch

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Radziu (@AluProductions) and some other people who helped with the translation (credits in the readme) created an English patch for the game

This requires that the game is on version v1.01.
FOR AN INSTALLATION TUTORIAL AND TROUBLESHOOTING, CHECK THE ATTACHED README FILE
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REPATCH (INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD) INSTALLED

Most of the stuff in game was already in English, so here is a mod that translates rest of it:

• Intro Sequence
  • Item Descriptions and settings
  • Stage names
  • and some other stuff that was still in Japanese
  • Fixed some "bad" official Engrish
Readme (Also included in download) -
This is full translation mod for Konosuba: Attack of the destroyer [ PCSG01093 ]

Requires:
-Japanese release of a game updated to version 1.01 [currently latest]
-PS Vita/PSTV with 3.65 ENSO installed
-RePatch Plugin ( https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/latest )

HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Install repatch.skprx plugin under *KERNEL [in /tai/config.txt file] and reboot your console - Skip if you already have it installed and updated
(rePatch version in this archive is v1.0, please check linked repository for any newer versions)
2. Copy rePatch directory from this archive to root of your ux0
3. Run the game and enjoy this full translation mod :)

Troubleshooting:
Q: Game crashes on boot! CAN'T RUN!
A: That means are probably still on 3.60 enso, KonoSuba: Attack of the destroyer is a game that requires FW 3.65 to run.
Update your vita to 3.65 ENSO to fix that issue.

Q: I installed this mod, but it doesnt seem to work!! Most of the stuff is still in Japanese!
A: Modding on 3.65 ENSO requires rePatch to work, that means you probably did not install rePatch plugin properly or did not reboot your console
after adding new line to your tai config.

CREDITS:
TheRadziu - Project leader, file and image editing,
Liron - General help with the project, translation of copyright footer,
Fifix2 - Translation of intro sequence
MPT - Translation of Stage names
AnalogMan - Tester

Sample screenshots-
2018-04-10-000040.png
2018-04-10-000048.png
2018-04-10-000140.png
2018-04-10-000200.png
2018-04-10-000310.png

Attachments

• Konosuba Attack of the destroyer Full English Patch [PCSG01093 v1.01].zip
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,093
Last edited by InquisitionImplied,

Freezing Alone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, thanks so much for this. I'm just curious though - I have a MaiDump of the game so that I can play it on 3.60, is there any way for me to use the patch with that? As far as I know RePatch doesn't work with decrypted games or updates.

D

Deleted User

im on 3.60 with the 3.65 version decrypted and updated
will this still work?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Radziu (@AluProductions) and some other people who helped with the translation (credits in the readme) created an English patch for the game

This requires that the game is on version v1.01.
FOR AN INSTALLATION TUTORIAL AND TROUBLESHOOTING, CHECK THE ATTACHED README FILE
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REPATCH (INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD) INSTALLED

Most of the stuff in game was already in English, so here is a mod that translates rest of it:

• Intro Sequence
  • Item Descriptions and settings
  • Stage names
  • and some other stuff that was still in Japanese
  • Fixed some "bad" official Engrish
Readme (Also included in download) -
This is full translation mod for Konosuba: Attack of the destroyer [ PCSG01093 ]

Requires:
-Japanese release of a game updated to version 1.01 [currently latest]
-PS Vita/PSTV with 3.65 ENSO installed
-RePatch Plugin ( https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/latest )

HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Install repatch.skprx plugin under *KERNEL [in /tai/config.txt file] and reboot your console - Skip if you already have it installed and updated
(rePatch version in this archive is v1.0, please check linked repository for any newer versions)
2. Copy rePatch directory from this archive to root of your ux0
3. Run the game and enjoy this full translation mod :)

Troubleshooting:
Q: Game crashes on boot! CAN'T RUN!
A: That means are probably still on 3.60 enso, KonoSuba: Attack of the destroyer is a game that requires FW 3.65 to run.
Update your vita to 3.65 ENSO to fix that issue.

Q: I installed this mod, but it doesnt seem to work!! Most of the stuff is still in Japanese!
A: Modding on 3.65 ENSO requires rePatch to work, that means you probably did not install rePatch plugin properly or did not reboot your console
after adding new line to your tai config.

CREDITS:
TheRadziu - Project leader, file and image editing,
Liron - General help with the project, translation of copyright footer,
Fifix2 - Translation of intro sequence
MPT - Translation of Stage names
AnalogMan - Tester

Sample screenshots-
I had no idea there was even a game of this

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(btw awesome, the vita is officially a "retro console, (so this would be the evidence that its getting the 16bit era rom special treatments!)

(HAL 9000 is a fictional character and the main antagonist in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series. First appearing in 2001: A Space Odyssey, HAL)

(real intelligence, doesn't denote efficiencies, it denotes creativity and flexibility) (one measure of intelligence, not much and in the least, would be literally be "reached" in the palms of the hands of men by the time of Moses (HAL 9000) (9/11/2001 Falling Man Moses) (this may not be the device in question, so we'll have to see how things tie into, resonance with the human essence and the hyperdimension (joseph the blessings)) (depends, you can go by zipcode or city, so it depends on the time you'll have to play with, and this is revealed to us for the reproofs)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see a physical version of this game so, if I play this, may I be banned? Cause there's no way to get the trophy without a JP account.

I highly doubt it, I like many others have played various games from other regions on our PSN accounts that were from Maidump,etc and I have not heard of anyone being banned.

I will be giving this a try soon so I will be eating crow if I am wrong.

EDIT: the instructions are out of date, upgrading to 3.65 is no longer necessary with 0syscall6 and the deprecated ReF00D that preceded it.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    EQUIPE-M-I-L- @ EQUIPE-M-I-L-: LLL