kong feng gb colour

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
True, there is no battery warning. You have to save regularly.

The clamshell GB Boy Colour does have a brightness wheel, btw.

could ya link it, only find the original one ?
brightness dimmer would be really great

what bothers me about theese gb colour clones is the missing IR...
ok you barely use it for the 2 games that support it but still it's the reason i will get later a gbc later.. need that mistery gift thinguy
do theese clones support at least the cable?

Last edited by migles,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's a clamshell GB Boy Colour?
could ya link it, only find the original one ?
brightness dimmer would be really great

what bothers me about theese gb colour clones is the missing IR...
ok you barely use it for the 2 games that support it but still it's the reason i will get later a gbc later.. need that mistery gift thinguy
do theese clones support at least the cable?

The clamshell ones seem to be not available currently. But then again, when I bought this one, the regular ones were nowhere to be found, so it might change at some point.
Compared to the regular one, this has a few differences:
-no built in games. At all. You need a GB(C) game inserted.
-rechargable battery. It's a BL-5C type battery that older Nokia phones used, they are surely available for cheap all over the place. It charges using a regular barrell connector
-adjustable brightness
-a reset button in the center. Not sure what the intended purpose of this is, it would have worked great with built in games to return to the game selection. With an everdrive it only resets the current game.
-The game will stick out at the bottom, just like a GBA SP. It will not Play GBA games.

as for your question of linking capabilities: yes, the GB Boy Colour works fine with link cables, you can link it up to other GB Boys and regular Gameboys and Gameboy colors. I never used IR myself so I don't mind it being absent. I still have two regular Nintendo GBCs lying around if I ever need it, though.

http://imgur.com/a/Z91wY

EDIT: in fact, getting this thing imported was a pain. It took me 3 tries, the first 2 times customs returned the device to the sender because it doesn't have any CE certification.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny