Know firmware version with CBHC installed

MaitreLLD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Sorry if this was already answered, I searched for it but couldn't find the answer. I currently have CBHC installed, and my Wii U keeps asking at each boot to update to 5.5.5. Problem is : I don't remember what firmware version I had when I hacked it, and since Haxchi shows 99.99.99 I can't really know the jump I'll do if I do the update. Is there any way to know what firmware version lies hidden behind the 99.99.99 modification ?

Thanks

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning,Sir.:)

Hello,
Sorry if this was already answered, I searched for it but couldn't find the answer. I currently have CBHC installed, and my Wii U keeps asking at each boot to update to 5.5.5. Problem is : I don't remember what firmware version I had when I hacked it, and since Haxchi shows 99.99.99 I can't really know the jump I'll do if I do the update. Is there any way to know what firmware version lies hidden behind the 99.99.99 modification ?

Thanks

Updating to 5.5.5 does not break your CBHC,no worries.
The "worst" Case is you have to re-install CBHC,but this is a very rare Case.

But I wonder,why you do not have (already) blocked the DNS in the Internet Settings like in every Wii U CBHC Guide

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/block-updates

is recommended ?

Honestly,I do not know,how to get your "real" System Firmware Version,very,very sorry.
Maybe some Homebrew Tool ? I do not know....

Thank you.
Good Day,Sir.:)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U can block the firmware update by setting this DNS server in your configuration
- Primary DNS 168.235.092.108
-
Sekundary DNS 81.4.127.20

Haxchi runs on 5.5.5 without any problems.
U can make a normal firmware update and reinstall cbhc if former used.
If Coldboot Haxchi no longer works for you after an update, simply start the "DON'T TOUCH ME" title (yes, really), which opens the "Autobooting" menu - press and hold HOME here and use the homebrew launcher Coldboot Haxchi again install over.

Last edited by Sypherone,

MaitreLLD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good Morning,Sir.:)

Updating to 5.5.5 does not break your CBHC,no worries.
The "worst" Case is you have to re-install CBHC,but this is a very rare Case.

But I wonder,why you do not have (already) blocked the DNS in the Internet Settings like in every Wii U CBHC Guide

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/block-updates

is recommended ?

Honestly,I do not know,how to get your "real" System Firmware Version,very,very sorry.
Maybe some Homebrew Tool ? I do not know....

Thank you.
Good Day,Sir.:)
I did block it, I don't know how the update got pulled, maybe I unblocked it for a few minutes for something, I don't remember. Thanks for your answer.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check the DNS you using, mabe you using a old one. If the block works there is a red cross at a symbole in main menu at bottom. or remove a specific file to block updates.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U could get version of the firmware by booting without haxchi. Maybe there is a option in cbhc menu, it opens by holding home if "autoboot..." appears. You could also try run mocha.fw instead, maybe it doesnt overrun the displayed version.
Else cbhc needs uninstalled first to be able to boot in original firmware for getting WiiU firmware version.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2