Not open for further replies.

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Oath:

There has been progress.

Guys 2ch made some minor progress, this is right after the 1st red box, and after this the game starts, almost there.
12631731218.jpg

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oath, i guess you haven't been in the PSP scene in a while. Only a few months ago, we had trouble with few games and it took a way for the decryptor to come out.

mattwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
mattwo said:
KHfan1 said:
mattwo said:
They haven't even released a demo yet -.-

They won't ever release a demo, as seen with other KH games. From what I have heard Disney doesn't allow it.

Other KH games didn't have digital distribution. Also KHII had a demo in FFX-2 IV didn't it?

it had a video, square-enix hasn't released a demo since ffxi beta i think

Don't forget FF14 is supposed to have a beta
tongue.gif

QUOTE(neriphis @ Jan 10 2010, 05:57 PM)
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/92 here is a link to the umd emulator but i doubt it will get us anywhere

give me a sec got to find a usb cable

That's not a umd emulator...-.- JPCSP is a emulator.

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattwo: It's a umd emulator for the psp. You can only use it with 1.50 kernel which is old and only Phat psps can use it without having to use Time Machine.

Shp00N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fallinroxas said:
@Oath:

There has been progress.

Guys 2ch made some minor progress, this is right after the 1st red box, and after this the game starts, almost there.
12631731218.jpg

do you know a link to the eboot.bin

Crystal shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I heard some people are thinking of buying the game, so here is a direct link. If it isn't to much to ask, could you use it, the site gives a commission and I want to buy some things there. Im rooting for the ISO though!

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

btw I know this has nothing to do with the hacking. But if you look at the topic, it wasn't ever supposed to be, lol so I think this conforms with the original topic.

Thank you guys.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crystal shadow said:
Hi I heard some people are thinking of buying the game, so here is a direct link. If it isn't to much to ask, could you use it, the site gives a commission and I want to buy some things there. Im rooting for the ISO though!

*snipped*

btw I know this has nothing to do with the hacking. But if you look at the topic, it wasn't ever supposed to be, lol so I think this conforms with the original topic.

Thank you guys.
It's also advertising. Don't think that's allowed in the forums.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crystal shadow said:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Thank you guys.

I think affiliate links are not allowed on gbatemp and outside links

jsc1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and while we work to bypass the protections, sony is sitting back taking notes on everthing we do. I bet they're already revising the first protection. Not be the party crasher but how can we win in the end. They can see us but we can't see them.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jsc1023 said:
and while we work to bypass the protections, sony is sitting back taking notes on everthing we do. I bet they're already revising the first protection. Not be the party crasher but how can we win in the end. They can see us but we can't see them.
It's always a game of cat-and-mouse (god I hate that trite phrase). It's not like Sony will ever give up since they don't want to lose money, but it's not like hackers will give up since they believe that they have the right to do this. In the end, the hackers win (normally). Only thing that hasn't been hacked to my knowledge is the PS3 and that was mainly because it was so expensive and the games are so large in size.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
jsc1023 said:
It's always a game of cat-and-mouse (god I hate that trite phrase). It's not like Sony will ever give up since they don't want to lose money, but it's not like hackers will give up since they believe that they have the right to do this. In the end, the hackers win (normally). Only thing that hasn't been hacked to my knowledge is the PS3 and that was mainly because it was so expensive and the games are so large in size.

I doubt it has anythign to do with the size or a BD-R being expensive because you don't need those for hacking. I'm pretty sure the CELL processor and the way it works with the PS3 is a more liable reason

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
stab244 said:
jsc1023 said:

I doubt it has anythign to do with the size or a BD-R being expensive because you don't need those for hacking. I'm pretty sure the CELL processor and the way it works with the PS3 is a more liable reason
Possibly, but I would rather think of it that way. Rooting for the hackers here. I did see one hack that supposedly worked on Engadget once. Dunno if it actually does. It involved MotoStorm, IIRC.

Whoops, getting off topic now.

Anyways, has anyone tried to run the ISO with the BBS UMD inside and seeing if that worked? I know some people said it does, but I haven't seen any videos trying that yet.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
Anyways, has anyone tried to run the ISO with the BBS UMD inside and seeing if that worked? I know some people said it does, but I haven't seen any videos trying that yet.

It works on a 5.50D3 (haven't tried other cfw) booting from the ISO but with the UMD in the drive, my friend tried it.

neriphis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sry your right about about the emulator. i trying to think of a way to make up with my girlfriend and wasnt paying attention when reading. i should of never posted that comment. Anyway at least we're making progress. sry for an this off topic post.

now to get back on track, any other formus making any progress i have found anything.

Posts merged

oh thats good. it runs with umd so that comfirms our theory, but deosnt help us.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick update from 2ch: It seems they've sent some of their info to Team Gen... and maybe yoshihiro

303:Mr. 名無Shi @ full stomach.: 2010/01/11 (Mon) 12:05:02 ID: uDKCoYCy
"" 299
Let me explain it to Mr. yoshihiro

304:Mr. 名無Shi @ full stomach.: 2010/01/11 (Mon) 12:05:15 ID: gkFoFXdz
I tried to analyze a little, does not mean we pass the check,
As is okay to be checked, the better approach
Yeah early.
GEN tentatively but I've sent information to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1