Gaming [Kid Icarus Uprising] Your favorite(s) weapon(s)

Your favorites weapon class ?

• Blades

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Staves

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Claws

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Bows

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Palms

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Clubs

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cannons

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Orbitars

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Arms

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,for most of my play through, I have been using the knuckle staff at first. The boom orbitars give me the same feeling of that staff, but it
slows you down even more while shooting on land.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So after experimenting with weapon gems and fusions, I've made a pretty nice Dark Pit Staff that I like as much as the beloved beam claws I mentioned earlier. :-D Here's the stats...
Dark Pit Staff
Ranged: 3 1/2 *s
Melee: 3 1/2 *s
Value: 280
Overall defense +2
Knockback defense +1
Speed +1
Dash cont. fire +1
Knockback recovery +1
Heart bonus +1

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after experimenting with weapon gems and fusions, I've made a pretty nice Dark Pit Staff that I like as much as the beloved beam claws I mentioned earlier. :-D Here's the stats...
Dark Pit Staff
Ranged: 3 1/2 *s
Melee: 3 1/2 *s
Value: 280
Overall defense +2
Knockback defense +1
Speed +1
Dash cont. fire +1
Knockback recovery +1
Heart bonus +1
I try to do fusions that will only give me 300+ in value.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but the value number means nothing for the power of the weapon (although the power of the weapon generally determines the value number, to a degree): It just determines how many team health points it's worth in light vs. dark. The stars for ranged/melee and the special abilities are the only things that matter in the power of a weapon. That said, weapons with lower value are actually BETTER (for light vs. dark) if the rest of their stats are good.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately, I've also been liking my ★ range Fairy Orbitars, +4 Freezing Bear Claws and the Magnus Club.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but the value number means nothing for the power of the weapon (although the power of the weapon generally determines the value number, to a degree): It just determines how many team health points it's worth in light vs. dark. The stars for ranged/melee and the special abilities are the only things that matter in the power of a weapon. That said, weapons with lower value are actually BETTER (for light vs. dark) if the rest of their stats are good.
Uh actually, the value of the weapon also determines the numbers of stars AND which type of stats you're likely to get. For example, Here's a few weapons in the 300+ I have,
Hedgehog claws
Value: 309
Ranged: 6
Melee: 5 1/2
Paralysis +1
Forward dash ch. +1
Melee dash attack +1
Heart bonus +1
As you can see, it's highly powerful and it's easy to kill people in LvD but it was rather 'weak stats'.

Meteor Bow
Value: 339
Ranged:1
Melee:0
Overall defense +8
Health +6
Freezing +3
Dash. ch shot +2
In-peril autododge +3
Powerful stats right? An OP defense (It's not ez dying in intensity 9.0) but it's rather WEAK.
Basically a weapon in the 300+ range lets you have a huge gap in a certain how should I say... 'range'.

You can also get a powerful weapon like the 300+ in the range 250-299. But the difference is that you WILL be paired with a negative stat. As you go higher in the value, the chance are less likely because you're already disadvantaged of putting your teammates in danger. If you want my saying,

Here's another one that I consider a bit more 'balanced'. XD

Bomber Arm
Value: 306
Ranged:1 1/2
Melee: 4
Overall defense +2
Petrification +3
Running speed +3
Stamina +3
Forward dash ch. shot +1
Effect duration +2

Overall a good weapon. XD
See where I'm going with this? U can never get a very POWERFUL weapon that has a lower value. (try getting overall defense +8 in a lower value, I dare you. :P) You WILL be disadvantaged because you'll be easier to kill. Basically, Sakurai not only wants you to bet hearts to get better loot in single player, but he wants you to bet the value of your weapon in a multiplayer match.
Will you win, or lose? That's why the game is so interesting! XD
The hardest part imho of the game is wher to strike a balance.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No it isn't, it's the opposite way around. The number of stars and special abilities determines the value, not vice versa. I'm just saying that higher value doesn't automatically equal a better weapon. Id est, I'll choose my 240ish value beam claws (with only 2 or 3 stars for range and melee, and a WHOLE lot of special abilities) over my 290ish viper blade with 5 stars range and melee (but no special abilities) any day. The value is calculated in weird ways and doesn't always determine a more balanced weapon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1