Gaming [Kid Icarus Uprising] Your favorite(s) weapon(s)

Your favorites weapon class ?

• Blades

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Staves

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Claws

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Bows

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Palms

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Clubs

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cannons

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Orbitars

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Arms

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, blades, bows and clubs seem to be the best for solo while the others seem to have been made more for multiplayer.
It looks like I spoke too soon. I went back and played chapter 1 on intensity 7 (mostly to get some quick hearts), and in the intensity 5 gate, I won a pair of beam claws. Easily the best weapon I've used in game, hands down, ranged and melee, campaign and multiplayer. and the speed is AMAZING! Here's the stats...

Value: 242
Ranged ***
Melee **
Burning +3
Speed +2
Standing cont. fire +1
Side-dash cont. fire +2

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, blades, bows and clubs seem to be the best for solo while the others seem to have been made more for multiplayer.
It looks like I spoke too soon. I went back and played chapter 1 on intensity 7 (mostly to get some quick hearts), and in the intensity 5 gate, I won a pair of beam claws. Easily the best weapon I've used in game, hands down, ranged and melee, campaign and multiplayer. and the speed is AMAZING! Here's the stats...

Value: 242
Ranged ***
Melee **
Burning +3
Speed +2
Standing cont. fire +1
Side-dash cont. fire +2
ugh, I hate those claws. They are SOOOOOOO cheap. Not to say their OP or anything just soooo cheap.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, I hate those claws. They are SOOOOOOO cheap. Not to say their OP or anything just soooo cheap.
"Cheap" as in you hate to use them, or "cheap" as in you hate it when other people use them? :ha:
When I was at the pre-release tournament everyone who won had used those claws. Its got long range and speed, to me its not what claws are about, its just a really cheap weapon and any FFAs I play I got after the guy using them brfore anyone else.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Cheap" as in you hate to use them, or "cheap" as in you hate it when other people use them? :ha:
When I was at the pre-release tournament everyone who won had used those claws. Its got long range and speed, to me its not what claws are about, its just a really cheap weapon and any FFAs I play I got after the guy using them brfore anyone else.
And so what are the claws are about? Just close combat and slashing? Beam claws are great because they excel at putting pressure on your opponents melee-wise and range-wise. Because of the latter, they put you at less risk of being damaged by your opponentsbecause it can give you more time to react if they try to attack. It's also because of that that the Beam claws and Pandora's claws are the most chosen claws in the game as they're both more versatile than the other claws.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So you do think they're OP? I mean, just based on what you're saying, it sounds like that's what you think, despite your claims to the contrary. lol

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you do think they're OP? I mean, just based on what you're saying, it sounds like that's what you think, despite your claims to the contrary. lol
I know right? Beam claws are not OP. Just more versatile than most others. They excel in range but the lack a bit in power. (Without weapons modifiers though.)

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just been so overwhelmed, cuz after not having any new systems since my Gamecube and GBA when I was 14 (2004), starting in January, it's been BAM! 3DS, BAM! XBox360, BAM! Nintendo Wii... so I have TONS of new games to play, and so little time to play them, since I'm in college. lol

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know if you play TF2 or not but think of it like the SMG the Sniper uses. Many people used the rifle as a secondary and the SMG as a primary. I wouldn't say the SMG is OP because of it, but I would say its quite cheap. Also Game, I'm not trying to say claws are all about slashing and bashing, heck Sakurai did say he put in a bunch of weapons so that players can make thier own style, I just reallu think it would have been better suited as a blade with slight less speed and more attack to be honest. As Claws they really just feel like a cheap weapon, not to say there's anything wrong with using them. In fact it feels more like a transitional weapon then a dedicated claw based weapon. Like if your going from Blades to Claws then its perfect! Just like the Somewhat Staff feels more like a blade then staff, transitional weapon. I just don't like them and beat the crap out of anyone I see using them online.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I don't know if you play TF2 or not but think of it like the SMG the Sniper uses. Many people used the rifle as a secondary and the SMG as a primary. I wouldn't say the SMG is OP because of it, but I would say its quite cheap. Also Game, I'm not trying to say claws are all about slashing and bashing, heck Sakurai did say he put in a bunch of weapons so that players can make thier own style, I just reallu think it would have been better suited as a blade with slight less speed and more attack to be honest. As Claws they really just feel like a cheap weapon, not to say there's anything wrong with using them. In fact it feels more like a transitional weapon then a dedicated claw based weapon. Like if your going from Blades to Claws then its perfect! Just like the Somewhat Staff feels more like a blade then staff, transitional weapon. I just don't like them and beat the crap out of anyone I see using them online.
Funny 'cause there's lots of blades like that, but I get what you say,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?