Gaming Kid Icarus - Leftie

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm probably going to end up buying the game tomorrow. I've read around about it to find information, and one of the general common pieces of information I’ve gathered is that the game controls can be quite cramped, and when you play on higher difficulties with the caldron this can be a big disadvantage, and that is one of the reasons for the stand that comes with the game.

My question is, as a Leftie, would I still be able to actually enjoy and appreciate this game just as it is, as well as being able to keep up with higher difficulties, or would it be a necessity to actually purchase the Circle Pad Pro?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, if you're pretty much ambidextruous, then you can play it just fine as is, however if you don't have much control over your right hand, then it's better if you get the CPP

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i wouldn't say i'm ambidextrous as such. Although, let's say for example, Metroid Hunters for the DS, when the controls for that are set to the buttons for movement, i can play that fairly easily. It's just that i know you can set the buttons for movement and the like in KI, but i still see a lot of people saying the CPP is better, so i'm wondering if the buttons aren't that great for the control scheme. But thinking about it, i think i should be able to use the stylus in my right hand.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, i wouldn't say i'm ambidextrous as such. Although, let's say for example, Metroid Hunters for the DS, when the controls for that are set to the buttons for movement, i can play that fairly easily. It's just that i know you can set the buttons for movement and the like in KI, but i still see a lot of people saying the CPP is better, so i'm wondering if the buttons aren't that great for the control scheme. But thinking about it, i think i should be able to use the stylus in my right hand.
My suggestion? try it as it is. If it's too hard for you, then go get the CPP. That way you don't spend the money until you're sure you have to.

PS: the controls for Kid Icarus Uprising are almost the EXACT same as for Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestion? try it as it is. If it's too hard for you, then go get the CPP. That way you don't spend the money until you're sure you have to.

PS: the controls for Kid Icarus Uprising are almost the EXACT same as for Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Yeah, thanks, and i thought as much. But from what i can gather from reviews and trailers, when played on higher difficulties, the enemy count increases quite highly, so it's good that the controls are so similar, i'm just worried that i may find it difficult to keep up with them and fully appreciate the additional challenge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one