Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickass Torrents shut down by US government

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

Copyright holders rejoice! The largest torrent site on earth has been taken down by the US government a few days back. After posing as an advertiser they managed to trace the money back to a Ukrainian guy, Artem Vaulin. It's quite the story really, check out the full article here.

What do you think is going to happen now? Is this a hard blow to piracy or are most people just going to use another site? Will there always be another site to take the lead? Discuss.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Middle of nowhere. Only cable internet has a 350GB cap.
wow i didn't know we still had companies doing caps in this country (officially)i guess when you live in the middle of nowhere with no competition they can do what ever they want to you

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Abcdfv

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Goddamn what is happening
This year's megaupload.

Piracy life will continue, more news at 11.
because the industry is so full of itself that it actually thinks anyone wants to "pirate" their crap
what a joke they have their heads so far up their own asses they actually think their declining revenues are due to "piracy"
and not to the absolute shit tier garbage that they are churning out day after day year after year
their content quality has been on steady decline for decades now to put it mildly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what pat of the country? why can't you get a decent cable connection?
While you typed this, 71 terabytes of copyrighted content nobody wanted was downloaded.
Them sour grapes tasty yo.

Last edited by zoogie,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This year's megaupload.

Piracy life will continue, more news at 11.

While you typed this, 71 terabytes of copyrighted content nobody wanted was downloaded.
Them sour grapes tasty yo.
thats the thing half the time i DL shit i find out i never wanted it int he 1st place
i never really use torrents anymore though, only for software

Reactions: zoogie
D

Deleted User

I thought that ThePirateBay was the largest?
Me too, but I never really liked TPB. I only went there when I couldn't find something on KAT or KAT was down.
I was actually using KAT at the moment of the takedown. One second it was up, then I searched for something and it was gone.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ