Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickass Torrents shut down by US government

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

Copyright holders rejoice! The largest torrent site on earth has been taken down by the US government a few days back. After posing as an advertiser they managed to trace the money back to a Ukrainian guy, Artem Vaulin. It's quite the story really, check out the full article here.

What do you think is going to happen now? Is this a hard blow to piracy or are most people just going to use another site? Will there always be another site to take the lead? Discuss.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This blows, considering that it was through torrents that I could watch the original, unfiltered, unabridged versions of the UK Top Gear. KickAss Torrents was where I was able to go for the final season, in 720p and 1080i releases.

Their games torrents tended to be crap for me, but I appreciated their TV show torrents at least.

Reactions: Deleted User

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
great a game i want is finally available now i can't get it. fuck you government!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Kickass had hardly torrents that actually worked anyway. So good riddance.
than you have no clue how to use it every tor i ever used worked using Utorrent magnet links.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
btjunkie once before is the largest torrent site, it was shutdown...
now the kickasstorrent! lots of great apps/movies/pron there, im thinking now whats the next big general torrent site that will arise?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone actually still use public torrent sites anymore cause I dropped them about 12 years ago! Get with the times guys if you do before its too late and you cant join anywhere.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PB has fuck all lately

Does anyone actually still use public torrent sites anymore cause I dropped them about 12 years ago!
when i can't find what i want on USN (like now) i'll use them as a backup :P

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
PB has fuck all lately

when i can't find what i want on USN (like now) i'll use them as a backup :P
I don't use any public site I never have really. I only need 5 and I'm OK for anything and everything> TV B**, Films P**, Music W*****, Games B** or G*, General R**** that's all I need. Tbh most of the really great private sites are well and truly shut now and only Admin or Owners give invites out so yes its hard to grab an invite unless you want to get ripped off by a back door site!

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
getting an invite to a private indexer is piss easy you just need to know the right people (i do ) you use all them sites i get all that stuff from 1 site :P
Unless you know the Owner of the private torrent site, they are certainly not piss easy to get an invite thats why they are private to only let in who they know and buying an invite wont get you in, that will only get you globally banned for life! USN is that a newsgroup site or something? I get all my material from my sites that you wont even find or able to google anywhere on the net!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Deleted User

G3nji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im coming to a conclusion that piracy might never stop, and will never be extinguished, unless they make an complete overhaul of the whole internet database that is. On topic: it will probably come back, i remember when megaupload owner got arrested back then and now hes back at it again.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 56858

Copyright holders rejoice! The largest torrent site on earth has been taken down by the US government a few days back. After posing as an advertiser they managed to trace the money back to a Ukrainian guy, Artem Vaulin. It's quite the story really, check out the full article here.

What do you think is going to happen now? Is this a hard blow to piracy or are most people just going to use another site? Will there always be another site to take the lead? Discuss.
I thought this was a rumour

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't gonna kill off piracy, nice try government and DMCA-loving sycophants :creep:

As for torrents, I haven't downloaded one in a long time for a couple of reasons, one, I use Comcast (which is literally the only fast ISP in my area, all others are far slower, like, a lot slower), I get 50 mbps downloads, sure, but they have a cap of about 400 GB a month. That, and I don't trust torrents, given that they can contain malware, viruses, like, I don't even know if the torrent I'm getting will screw up my OS.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT