Gaming Keyboard replacements for laptop?

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toshiba laptop

Model: Satellite L455-S5975 PSLY0U-00V001

Keyboard model: NSK-TAR01

I can't find it online but maybe someone else can.

The laptop is under warranty but they want me to send (the whole laptop) it in but I know how to replace the keyboard easily, plus I don't think they would replace the keyboard if my friend spilled water onto it.

Thank you!

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmhhh Water spilled on a keyboard can cause more trouble.

For example: I made my sister laugh while she was drinking water and like an idiot she spit right on my laptop. The keyboard got splashed and I cleaned it. But the fan started making rust noises and stuff.....

You should send your laptop just in case

If not GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Spit in the keyboard making the fan rust? Strange... I always believed the keyboard and fan vents in all laptops were on opposite sides of the motherboard.

As for the NSK-TAR01 keyboard, it's very likely that nobody sells them, making Toshiba the only place to get it replaced. Sometimes you can get lucky and find such a keyboard on eBay as part of S&R (spares and repairs) sales, but there's rarely a market for it so people rarely bother.

Best bet; send it in, but backup your data first. Sometimes laptop companies can be very mean and not send you back the same laptop but a spare instead. EDIT: Short term warranties (1 year usually) usually cover accidental minor damage (like spilling water on it, so long as it's not a lot of it), so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Extended warranties (3 years usually) don't usually bother. In either case, they'll prolly only open it up, check the motherboard for damage, and replace the keyboard if that's all that's wrong.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a quick ebay search with your laptop model and keyboard should bring up a few results.

all keyboard replacement is, is just a bit of unscrewing and removing the ribbons from the old keyboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!