Hacking Keeping my 3DS up to date

Sandvich1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should I avoid updating and patching my 3DS if I intend to pirate games the moment an option becomes available, or should I feel reasonably safe keeping it up to date in order to play the latest games?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I suggest first checking to see if your flashcard has updated to work on the latest firmware.
If your flashcard hasn't updated to the latest firmware, but works on your current firmware, I suggest not updating until your flashcard has updated.

Sandvich1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I'll be a little more specific: I'm referring to the potential to pirate 3DS games somewhere in the future. Assuming that one day that someone works out a way to pirate and play 3DS games, would I be wise to not update my 3DS between now and then?

Sandvich1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No - what I'm asking is should I be concerned about potential 3DS hacks not working with updated firmware. For example, let's say in 2013 someone announces working flash carts for 3DS games. Would 3DS firmware available at the time be an issue for anyone? I know it probably depends on the nature of the hack, but historically (PSP hacking, DS hacking) was firmware at the launch of a new form of hacking/homebrew ever an issue?

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Logically speaking, the same rule will still apply. And since no one knows when and how the 3DS is to be hacked or if it is even going to be hacked, anything else said will be be purely speculation. It's like asking if the current SCDS2/R4i/Acekard/whichever-cart firmware will be functional when the Ninty decides to update once more. We can only assume that it would not but until then, we don't know. Or according to Schrodinger, it'll be both until we find out. LOL Same story here.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
How do you expect us to know? We don't even have any clue how the hack will work, just update and enjoy your 3DS and don't worry about things that may be far far off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw