Keep Virgin from destroying the internet.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just checking my ISP contract and it clearly says, that all the material(modem/router, cable shit) are my propertie from the moment I buy them, and when I'm paying the mensal fee, I have the right to sue them for Fraud if my speeds are slowed down for no reason and no previous warning with my consense.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
ChotaZ said:
I was just checking my ISP contract and it clearly says, that all the material(modem/router, cable shit) are my propertie from the moment I buy them, and when I'm paying the mensal fee, I have the right to sue them for Fraud if my speeds are slowed down for no reason and no previous warning with my consense.
Yes, the modem is yours, great. They're not going to repossess it if you stop paying for internet. I guarantee it doesn't say you are allowed to sue your ISP for fraud in your ISP's contract.

You've also probably have never used Virgin media, as I don't think they provide internet in Portugal, so don't complain about what they may or may not do at some indeterminate point in the future.

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just concerned about how it could spread to other ISPs, and I know what I just read in the contract
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course you know what you read, I just think it can't possibly translate that way. Contracts written by a company's legal team tend to protect said company at all costs.

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Em caso de suspeitar de fraude por parte da empresa, o cliente tem por direito legal, processar a emprea se assim o desejar.

In case the client suspects of fraud, its his legal right to process the company for fraude if it's his will.

Ask any other portuguese member to translate it.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of your comments might be valid actic flame, but "Contracts written by a company's legal team tend to protect said company at all costs." That remark is not automatically relevant.

Companies have in the past, and likely will in the future, make statements that simply have no worth in a courtroom.
The thing is, joe schmuck is usually financially unable to fight back against a sufficiently economically powerful company. They lose just by being unable to afford to win.

But when a company goes far enough, that they make a great deal of people angry enough, that the media notices it, then it gets more interesting. Then joe nobody has mr media splashing nasty company's bad behaviour all over the nightly news. And joe nobody then only requires helpful lawyer to understand "hey nasty company can't actually do that".

It's done all the time.

Remember Sony's recent actions?

Here's one that is dependent on your country. You can't make software, and sell it in Canada, and tell me I can't make a back up copy of it. It's entirely pointless to write the prohibition into the ULA. It doesn't mean anything in Canada. Go ahead, tell me I can't do it. Make me click saying I have read and agreed. It still doesn't change Canadian law. The ULA is not law. It can't alter law. It's simply not worth the time to pretend it has any force.

Now YOUR nation might have it different.

Right now, as we speak, Bell Canada is learning that some of its actions, have not been well received. And the media is all over it, and we even have one of our political parties spending time on the matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...