Not open for further replies.

nyczxjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
Don't know if it's been reported before (there's no thread search option), but with version 6 of the patch, items can't be used from the menu outside of battle. This is... a big problem.

Care to elaborate? I don't have that problem. At least I don't think I do...

redoverdrive1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bwillb said:
redoverdrive1 said:
I still cant get my sav file to load on the new version 6!!!! im using an acekard 2i and the game starts fine but when i press continue i just get a black screen......... nothing more can somebody please help. An action replay code or something....
here
QUOTEIf you dont know by know, the game has some anti-piracy checking in it. It causes the game to freeze and not save properly. This patch comes with Rudolph's anti-piracy, but it might not be perfect.

No$GBA users, if you have version 2.6 for No$GBA, set option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512KBytes. Make sure you save options and restart the emulator afterwards.

Also the following code helps with the black screens, use it as AR and RAW.

CODE:
020DD9E4 E1A00000

btw, what firmware are you using? I've heard the latest AKAIO fixes a lot of piracy issues?

U were right. AKAIO did help me. thanks soo much!!

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nyczxjay said:
TCJJ said:
Don't know if it's been reported before (there's no thread search option), but with version 6 of the patch, items can't be used from the menu outside of battle. This is... a big problem.

There's not much to elaborate on. The Use option is missing. And the give option isn't there for some items such as key items, but I guess it's meant to be like that because giving those items to hold would be stupid and pointless (and probably wouldn't work). It only happens in the items menu out of battle, though. It's only in Heart Gold I've found, although I haven't actually played my save on Soul Silver to check, so I can neither confirm nor deny that this happens on Soul Silver either.

Have you got patch v6 on a clean ROM and actually checked though?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
TCJJ said:
nyczxjay said:
TCJJ said:

There's not much to elaborate on. The Use option is missing. And the give option isn't there for some items such as key items, but I guess it's meant to be like that because giving those items to hold would be stupid and pointless (and probably wouldn't work). It only happens in the items menu out of battle, though. It's only in Heart Gold I've found, although I haven't actually played my save on Soul Silver to check, so I can neither confirm nor deny that this happens on Soul Silver either.

Have you got patch v6 on a clean ROM and actually checked though?

facepalm_implied.jpg

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WeakNiZ said:
^ What are those kind of pictures called? ^
I wana find more of those pictures, it's hilarious
waaaay waaay off topic... but they're often referred to as either meme posters or demotivators
tongue.gif

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well ok, so I have a problem but let's all be sarcastic about it. I thought that MAYBE someone else might have the same problem, since I did patch clean ROMs....

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
Well ok, so I have a problem but let's all be sarcastic about it. I thought that MAYBE someone else might have the same problem, since I did patch clean ROMs....
are you seeing the issue on all items or just some? if just some, which ones?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
bwillb said:
TCJJ said:
are you seeing the issue on all items or just some? if just some, which ones?

Ok, now no one is going to believe me, but hopefully you will take my word for it... every single item I have had the problem yesterday. Today, it's back to normal (I didn't notice until I checked now - I thought it was still 'broken' so I didn't check). I seriously can't imagine how 1) the problem came to be and 2) how it fixed itself. But oh well...

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... consider that HGSS have antipiracy on them, and that they were never meant to be patched, or modified in any way after Nintendo released them. We pretty much stomped Nintendo in that respect, except for mildy annoying bugs and crashes. That item problem fits in the same catagory as the sprite glitch that's pretty common: Annoying.

ramon19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i use kazo translation and i was woundering if theres anyone who made a patch for the evolution trade to evolve like in level 40. Please could anyone please do that for me? Or please let me know if theres away around it?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ParMa said:
Well... consider that HGSS have antipiracy on them, and that they were never meant to be patched, or modified in any way after Nintendo released them. We pretty much stomped Nintendo in that respect, except for mildy annoying bugs and crashes. That item problem fits in the same catagory as the sprite glitch that's pretty common: Annoying.

Yea, that makes sense. I guess the best way to look at it is a minor(ish), uncommon glitch.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still having that save issue i'm going see if it works on my no$gba... and if it does show up then i'll take a pic of it.

edit:yep it appers on nogba also so here's a pic of it

PokemonSoulSliverError.jpg

then it automactly starts a new game...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know that... but it happens ever so often i can fix it through... but it means i have to plug in my computer use pokesav to fix it... it's such a hassle.

SilverX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thinkk the link is dead it wont appear on my browser it just says blank on the address bar.
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, wishes I had a vagina +2