All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Katawa Shoujo last night and got about 30-40 minutes in when I had to quit. I saved the game. I made sure I saved it. However, when I go to load the game the load button is greyed out and I can't click it. In fact, the game is acting as if I have never played - I can't even skip the text I've seen unless I turn off 'skip unread text.' However, I can get to the gallery, which wasn't accessible until after I went back to the main menu before I quit last night. What's going on?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That particular save file must have been deleted somehow...

The reason for the gallery still being enabled is that the game keeps one global save file for everything that you've played through. Like, when you finish one path, you delete that save state and begin a new one, though everything you've unlocked is still in the gallery from the old save.

So it would make sense that your save from before was deleted. I have no idea how that happened though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your save might have somehow been corrupted. Which is pretty odd. I played the crap out of Katawa Shoujo and never had a save problem.

Start up a new game and try saving, and see if it sticks. If it doesn't...try redownloading/reinstalling.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That particular save file must have been deleted somehow...

The reason for the gallery still being enabled is that the game keeps one global save file for everything that you've played through. Like, when you finish one path, you delete that save state and begin a new one, though everything you've unlocked is still in the gallery from the old save.

So it would make sense that your save from before was deleted. I have no idea how that happened though.
I actually didn't check the gallery. The button was just enabled and clickable.

....I checked it today. It only kept what I had viewed when I was checking if I could skip pages.

Man, I wish I would have checked this earlier!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY