Kali Linux No Wifi / wicd error

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been hassling since 4 hours now.
I'm using a Kali Linux Live USB (Persistent)
when using gnome everything was fine except the lagging, so I switched to xfce4 from then on wifi stopped working, I then downloaded wicd 1.7.4 tar.gz to my phone copied it over since there was no more network manager, couldn't install it, so I got 1.7.1 tar.bz2 which installed, then rebooted, and got an error "could not connect to wicds d-bus Service" and that the wicd deamon was shut down, when launching wicd it just shows "no connections available" Error log is attached below.

Attachments

• wicd.log.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by adrifcastr,

rehabgoggles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been hassling since 4 hours now.
I'm using a Kali Linux Live USB (Persistent)
when using gnome everything was fine except the lagging, so I switched to xfce4 from then on wifi stopped working, I then downloaded wicd 1.7.4 tar.gz to my phone copied it over since there was no more network manager, couldn't install it, so I got 1.7.1 tar.bz2 which installed, then rebooted, and got an error "could not connect to wicds d-bus Service" and that the wicd deamon was shut down, when launching wicd it just shows "no connections available" Error log is attached below.

youre not using a lenovo yoga are you ?

what kind of machine ? what kind of wireless card ? this is not uncommon with some machines and debian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...