KaleoOmega is no longer with us, guys.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I am deeply saddened by this news. Unlike many people here, I actually got to know Kaleo over the past years. We have played Pokemon shuffle and final fantasy theatrhythm curtain call together.

I'm in a quite a shock at the moment to the extent that I'm doubting this news (no offense to @Ryan86 .. My head is just in the right place right now) .. It hasn't been such a long time since I've spoken to him, and .. I really don't know what to say :(

Rest in peace my brother.. Thank you for all the good times :(

Edit: @Ryan86 .. My condolences goes to you too man. I hope you guys get past this rough time. My deepest regards to you and his family

Last edited by Madridi,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Ryan86

I know this isn't really the time or the place for this, but what exactly happened? I mean, he was brought out of the induced coma, and he was showing signs of recovery. So what happened?

I am really not sure how to react .. I just can't believe it..

Believe it or not.. I don't use the friends list on the 3ds, but he was the only friend that I have added for our FFCC battles.. I will miss him a lot :(

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is really sad :sad: and his birthday was only 4 days from now... I hope he passed easy and I wish the best for you, his family and friends.
I didn't know the guy sadly, but the fact that he shared a birthday with me makes this extra sad to me somehow, really brings it close to home. =[ fking pneumonia, RIP man.

Reactions: XxShalevElimelechxX

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I may not have known him, but man...this is the second Temper we've lost this year :( RIP...

most likely there were others.. the world is a huge place.. in the internet someone can simple disapear and you will not know if the person is still alive or not..
sometimes we "get luck" to know what happened to x member... but there are lots of people that simply disappear and we can only hope said person is just working on his\her life...

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so very very sorry for your loss and the family's loss. Losing loved ones, whether they are family or friends...it is always heartbreaking to see one so young pass away. :'(

And for anyone else who is being disrespectful, first of all, HOW DARE YOU. Second of all, HOW DARE YOU!!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is never easy. May he rest peacefully now. :(

Nobody in my life knows my GBATemp password, or that I go on here at all... So if I'm going to die, I hope I have enough advanced warning to be able to post my last post here, letting everyone know. Otherwise, people would just assume I fell off the earth.

Ryan86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for "disappearing" myself, everyone, I'm not a frequent user here, as I suppose one can see by my profile/user history.

For those who doubt me, I don't blame you. The internet can be quite deceiving. But I truly do not know how to "prove" this. His personal Facebook page, for instance, would be in Portuguese and with his real name (which I never saw him using online), and I do not know how people who shared their feelings would be able to "post" it (I do not have Facebook myself, so I don't know how it works). Any picture I'd post could be claimed to be anyone else's.

I made a topic at GameFAQs's Shuffle board, too. I suppose the only proof is that no post/activity from him has ever been made since he was hospitalized on August 24th. I have no reason whatsoever to lie on his matter, and this would be a terrible joke. We were very close friends, so I'd never prank on this.

@Madridi: I talked to his sister the other day, and it seems that the cause of death was "pulmonar insufficiency and cardiac arrest". My guess is that, as he was getting out of the coma, his body just couldn't take it. The pneumonia itself would be cured, I take it, but he was way too weak already.

My apologies once again for taking so long to post back again, but I had an insane week at work. It was good to not think much on this, I suppose.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for "disappearing" myself, everyone, I'm not a frequent user here, as I suppose one can see by my profile/user history.

For those who doubt me, I don't blame you. The internet can be quite deceiving. But I truly do not know how to "prove" this. His personal Facebook page, for instance, would be in Portuguese and with his real name (which I never saw him using online), and I do not know how people who shared their feelings would be able to "post" it (I do not have Facebook myself, so I don't know how it works). Any picture I'd post could be claimed to be anyone else's.

I made a topic at GameFAQs's Shuffle board, too. I suppose the only proof is that no post/activity from him has ever been made since he was hospitalized on August 24th. I have no reason whatsoever to lie on his matter, and this would be a terrible joke. We were very close friends, so I'd never prank on this.

@Madridi: I talked to his sister the other day, and it seems that the cause of death was "pulmonar insufficiency and cardiac arrest". My guess is that, as he was getting out of the coma, his body just couldn't take it. The pneumonia itself would be cured, I take it, but he was way too weak already.

My apologies once again for taking so long to post back again, but I had an insane week at work. It was good to not think much on this, I suppose.
Sorry everyone doubting you here was being a dick. :/

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

That is so sad to hear. It was his day to go.. So sad to hear about this :(
Once again, my condolences goes to you and his family and friends. He will surely be missed by a lot. I know I do :(

Reactions: takeya yuki

takeya yuki

I am now someone waifu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey everyone. Sorry if this is not the place to post this, but I totally don't know where to post.

I don't like to bring bad news, but... Kaleo passed away this morning. I know he was a regular here, so I thought I should let you guys know. I also posted on GameFAQs (where I'm more active), so I'll copy/paste some parts of what I posted there:

He was a very close friend of mine. Yes, we knew each other in person. Although from different states of Brazil, I would often visit him during vacation from college.

Three weeks ago he went to the hospital, with a severe case of bacterial pneumonia. One week later, he was put into a induced coma and tubed, so the medication could work better. When I heard of it from his mother, I got some bus tickets and went all the way there (10 hours trips) to visit him and support his family: this was on the weekend before last. Despite everything, he was showing good signs of recovery, even if at small steps, every day. In fact, I learned that yesterday he was not into induced coma anymore, although he'd be asleep most of the time.

We're all perplexed. All the friends can't understand what happened, as he was getting better during the past two weeks. I was the one who'd call his mother every other day and pass the news to all the friends. I.... I'm still at a loss.

I know he was also active on reddit, but I don't post there, if someone could pass the information on...

Rest in peace, my friend. You'll be missed by many.
Can't stop cry:cry:

Last edited by takeya yuki,
D

Deleted User

He sounded like a really decent person - it's absolutely horrible to see these diseases wipe such good people off the face of this planet...
He'll have my full respect any day. Rest easy, Kaleo; Thoughts are with the family and friends of his.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay