FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Copy of the newspost.

The EZTeam have released RC4 of the 2.00 line for the EZ5 (all versions), for those just coming to the EZFlash range the EZ5 has been seeing a complete rewrite of the code and versions released throughout this rewrite as features return. This release sees the return of savestates, loader level support for the EZ 3 in 1 and the in game text reader. The text reader format (WLK) is now not made by the EZ5 like it did before but in return it gained some formatting support for which the EZTeam released a GUI based Windows tool.

Release notes said:
3 in 1 support added back in- single GBA rom mode*, rumble and opera RAM
Real time guide/ingame text reader returns- Windows tool released to support creation of WLK format files.
real time save/instant save/savestates return

As usual extra features are activated on a game by game basis and you need to have soft reset activated to use it, L+R+A+B is the key combination of choice.

*single rom mode means only a single rom on the NOR memory (the 1.9 line saw the ability to add multiple roms to the NOR), it also means pokemon games can be flashed again.
Some explanation, pokemon uses large saves and to make multiple roms work with a limited amount of savespace the EZTeam reserved 512K of ram which meant pokemon would not have enough save space to work. This is now not a problem.

(multirom mode had issues with save size if other games were to be used). If you use third party tools then no need to worry.

icon11.gif
EZFlash.cn thread (Chinese)
icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
download.gif
EZ5 kernel 2.0 RC4 GBAtemp download
download.gif
RVF editor/walkthrough tool
discuss.png
Discuss

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! an update, can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the news Mbmax and FAST6191.

EDIT: The Walkthrough Tool looks much better than I expected it would.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make the official kernel already (with in game guide) and you'll have another customer, EZ team.

Sorry my Acekard2i, you'll be relegated to "2nd cart" status. I'll always go to you for the newest games, tho.

dm4st3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the update!
biggrin.gif

I just had a question if someone is willing to answer me.
I've noticed that the firmware has created a ROMDAT folder.
I remember reading that it contains the save files for my games.
If that's the case, is it normal for me to have both a ROMDAT folder and a SAVE folder?
I thought that, after updating to 2.0, it would keep using my old SAVE folder and that it wouldn't need to create a ROMDAT folder.
Can someone explain this to me, please?
Thanks a lot
tongue.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dm4st3r said:
Thanks for the update!
biggrin.gif

If that's the case, is it normal for me to have both a ROMDAT folder and a SAVE folder?
I thought that, after updating to 2.0, it would keep using my old SAVE folder and that it wouldn't need to create a ROMDAT folder.
Thanks a lot
tongue.gif
ROMDAT folder is where are stored all your game's parameters (SR ON or OFF, cheat ON/OFF and cheats selected, In Game Guide ON/OFF ... etc)
SAVE folder is where all your game's saves are stored.
wink.gif

dm4st3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mbmax said:
dm4st3r said:
Thanks for the update!
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot
tongue.gif
ROMDAT folder is where are stored all your game's parameters (SR ON or OFF, cheat ON/OFF and cheats selected, In Game Guide ON/OFF ... etc)
SAVE folder is where all your game's saves are stored.
wink.gif

ohhhhh
blink.gif
haha silly me
thanks for the explanation, Mbmax
biggrin.gif

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is the first time i tried to use a 2.0 kernel (till now i've been using the lastest 1.9ob). For some reason it doen't work. It stays still while loading the kernel and in the upper screen this text appears:

"readsize 18002 at 21a6218
._6bit mode
Fatal error: glsafemalloc(0byte);
Application Halted!!"

Do you know what the problem might be?? i'm using a DSLite with a EZV Plus and a kingston 4gb class4 micros sd (never had a problem with it).

Thank you.

Edit: i just tried with 2.0 beta3 and i get the exact same error =/

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was a bug in previous RCs versions where the kernel create wrongly folder /SAVE and /ROMDAT when they are not on the microSD.
Normally this bug is fixed.
When you try a new kernel please backup your data on PC and restart with a fresh formatted microSD to avoid false bug. Unzip the new kernel on root and copy back only your games and saves. Also copy the last usrcheat.dat into /EZshell folder.

If this happen again under RC4 even after this manipulation then yes, we have a bug (fat corruption).

@Doornick : try this on your ez5 plus.

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did that and i still get the same error. I also tried with another mSD and still doens't work.
There is a guy who posted in the EZ forum about the same error as mine, but he has a EZV (mine is plus) and a SD card (mine is SDHC). Could there be some kind of bug??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work