Hacking Just recieved sx pro and im confused on what to do about update

di4medollaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i amin the process of setting up my sx pro dongle and i followed all instructions but when i popped in my 128gb sd card its asking me to update my firmware before i can use exfat. I am on 5.1 so i obviously did research before i update but im getting conflicting data and am hearing about problems with 6.0 and also seen there is now emunand so i am confused as to what my best options are?

should i update to the latest firmware? is there problems on it?
do i even need emunand with the executer sx pro dongle? is it something that will come in handy later?
How can i stay on 5.1 and use exfat with the sx pro dongle or like i asked should i just update?

thank you for your time

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you don't intent to play games only running on 6.0 (are there any) then no, you do not need to update.
Format your SD using guiformater to FAT and you are good to go.
If you need files bigger than 4GB on your SD and can't split them, install the exFat update using ChoiduJourNX using any compatible CFW.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't personally see any need for emunand but other people seem to like using it. I haven't updated to 6.0 yet either, although it appears most of the issues have been sorted out with the latest SX OS.

If you're gonna be mostly using XCI then do as above and install the exfat firmware through CNX, otherwise just stick with fat32 and install NSP (using a splitter if over 4gb).

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Here are some tips for using SX PRO + SX OS2.0 (or 2.0.1 new update as of 10-08-18).
Background: I have successfully modded my "virgin" Switch stocked with original firmware 4.1 using SX PRO + SX OS2.0 and these are the steps I took:
  1. Backup your NAND (ALWAYS! never skip this step). I was able to backup my OFW 4.1 NAND and it does take more than an hour so charge your Switch before performing NAND backup.
  2. Updated my Switch to the latest firmware 6.0 via Nintendo network. Microsd cards (exFAT format) worked without any issues.
  3. Turn-off your Switch and restart with your SX OS2.0 and load your CFW (typical process for dongle & jig).
  4. Delete internet settings and/or put your Switch on Airplane Mode.
  5. Install your NSPs and Enjoy (and stay offline).
**Update (10-08-18): So far all the games are working without any issues except Overcooked 2 and The Messenger with SX OS2.0. But if you update to SX OS2.0.1, those games mentioned should work. I have installed all the updates & DLC using NSP installer in SX OS2.0 and has worked flawlessly. I will keep everyone updated if I encountered any issues.

Like I said before, I am currently on OFW 6.0 using SX PRO + SX OS2.0 with AUTORCM DISABLED and everything is ALL GOOD so far :)

Last edited by Krazyeye,

di4medollaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't intent to play games only running on 6.0 (are there any) then no, you do not need to update.
Format your SD using guiformater to FAT and you are good to go.
If you need files bigger than 4GB on your SD and can't split them, install the exFat update using ChoiduJourNX using any compatible CFW.
ok now i really need help lol.
I formatted my sd card back to fat32 and put on the sx pro beta 2.01 then activated the sx pro liscence and installed autorcm and put homebrew loader on my sd card and just finished. I shoulda just updated before i did that lol

I dont want fat32 cause i need bigger file sizes and want exfat.
Will it be risky updating to 6.0 from 5.1 on nintendos servers cause i installed sx pro cfw? i used airplane mode but arent cfw files there on my system??

is there a tutorial on how to get exfat working on the sxos dongle using ChoiDujourNX or another method? cuse from what i have seen its tutorials are for hecktate and other cfw's and not sxos. thanks

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
ok now i really need help lol.
I formatted my sd card back to fat32 and put on the sx pro beta 2.01 then activated the sx pro liscence and installed autorcm and put homebrew loader on my sd card and just finished. I shoulda just updated before i did that lol

I dont want fat32 cause i need bigger file sizes and want exfat.
Will it be risky updating to 6.0 from 5.1 on nintendos servers cause i installed sx pro cfw? i used airplane mode but arent cfw files there on my system??

is there a tutorial on how to get exfat working on the sxos dongle using ChoiDujourNX or another method? cuse from what i have seen its tutorials are for hecktate and other cfw's and not sxos. thanks
If you read my steps, I updated my Switch to 6.0 right away before I did any modding to my Switch. And ofcourse, backup your NAND first. A lot of people are having issues with their microsd card (exFat) for being in the 5.1 or lower firmware. I wanted to void that headache so I updated via nintendo server. And now, my microsd is formatted to exFat and games loadup with out any issues.
But for being flagged or banning in the future, i'm not sure. But it's not really an issue for me since i'm not planning on going online anytime soon :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system