Hardware Just received PS4; first impressions

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine came in the mail, I snapped a photo, and uploaded it to Ebay. Thanks for the easy 200 bucks Sony! I've got way too big of a backlog of games to even begin considering a new console.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I came home from work today to see this email:
I wanted to personally reach out to you regarding the problem you have had with your new PS4 purchase. First, I want to apologize. Secondly, we have contacted the Sony Store at Fashion Valley in San Diego. They are prepared to exchange your unit for a new PS4.
So tomorrow I'm gonna call and make sure it wasn't some sort of prank. I'm looking at you, Devin...

If this turns out to be real, sweet.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: Guess we'll see tomorrow. Sadly I still have to wait for mine since our store sold out within the first half hour of the store opening. The second I see one on the sales floor I'm grabbing it.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: Guess we'll see tomorrow. Sadly I still have to wait for mine since our store sold out within the first half hour of the store opening. The second I see one on the sales floor I'm grabbing it.
The guy who wanted to buy my PS4 actually backed out, so it's up for sale again... I may end up forgoing Knack and just selling the replacement without opening. Wouldn't want to find out another PS4 was broken.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just wondereing if this could help:
http://wololo.net/2013/11/16/ps4-hd...e-flashing-red-line-is-not-a-console-failure/

and especially this comment:
yep, apparently you can access the dev menu of the console which allows you to install isos and stuff by going in the the driveclub main menu and pressing up,up,down,left,x,circle,triangle,share+select(twice),left,right,left,right
thank me later
icon_wink.gif

if so, this could be a big mistake haha

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondereing if this could help:
http://wololo.net/2013/11/16/ps4-hd...e-flashing-red-line-is-not-a-console-failure/

and especially this comment:
yep, apparently you can access the dev menu of the console which allows you to install isos and stuff by going in the the driveclub main menu and pressing up,up,down,left,x,circle,triangle,share+select(twice),left,right,left,right
thank me later
icon_wink.gif

if so, this could be a big mistake haha
I'm 99100% sure that second part is fake. And the link isn't related, but thank you for trying.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm 99100% sure that second part is fake. And the link isn't related, but thank you for trying.

i know it isn't related, but i was reading wololo and saw thought this problem maybe could help. The second part is in one of the comments and sounds fake to me too

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know it isn't related, but i was reading wololo and saw thought this problem maybe could help. The second part is in one of the comments and sounds fake to me too
The game Driveclub won't even come out until next year, so the chances of any random guys on the internet having it are 0%. Also: the idea of getting to the console's dev menu through an input cheat is laughable.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
My impressions.

-really nice looking console, probably the best ever, better looking in person than pics
-UI is well designed and understated. theme music is relaxing, almost somber
-it gets really hot on the underside, but quiet fan
-no other problems, hdmi is fine
-controller is good, I wish the shoulder buttons were paced better but an improvement over DS3
-graphics are very good, but I haven't tested any 'big' titles yet. contrast=pretty but jittery , resogun=impressive particle effects, kinda bland art

Reactions: GameWinner

irondoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First impressions it worked fine no problemo. Very easy setup, patched, installed resogun in under 30 minutes. I really like the dual shock with the built in speaker and mic and the different color lights. I played some killzone and the controls felt great. Impressive graphics and gameplay was smooth throughout the first bit I played. I agree with the above poster the console looks way cooler in person. Definitely the best looking console I've owned.

So,first impressions are very positive for me, enjoying the launch titles, nothing killer yet but it makes me look forward to what will come.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these reports of broken PS4's and the reports of MS using paid trolls.... I wonder if MS also paid some Foxconn workers to break PS4's at the assembly line.

The whole RROD thing in my opinion is probably one of the key factors that kept the 360 from being the top selling console (at least it kept me from ever buying one.) maybe MS wants Sony to experience some of that pain.

This has been my retarded tin foil hat theory for the day.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's the profit.

After fees and shipping that's about ~$50-$70 profit. I checked it out, hence I returned mine instead of going through the bother of selling it on ebay.

$600 - 15% ebay & paypal fees = $510 - $12 s/h = $498 - $433 (cost plus taxes)

Grand total profit: $65.

EFF that. I returned all of mine. Easy 65 bucks. wtf. not worth the time. Plus who knows what kind of buyer you will contend with on ebay, knowing he paid $200 more than the console is worth. Not worht the time at all.

Edit: if he sold his console for $750 then he made ~$200 after fees and shipping. There are some who have, most have not. I have seen them sell for as low as $520 shipped on there. You'd take a loss doing that probably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro