Hacking Just need confirmation

• Thread starter Deleted-351540
  • Start date
  • Views 571
  • Replies 0
D

Deleted-351540

I have a white Wii that has GameCube ports and memory card slots. It allowed me to install BootMii into boot2, if that helps. (It has me, so far!)

Well, one day last week I fired up the Wii to play some Smash Bros. Melee and the Wii booted into BootMii. I selected 'Wii' and it displayed a black screen. I left it like that for a few minutes and restarted the Wii. Same result when I tried again. Tried a third time, and this time I selected 'Homebrew Channel'. Black screen. Hours I let it sit there to no avail.

Well, I had a NAND backup from when I modded the Wii. So I quickly backed the NAND up again and restored the original NAND. Same issue. So I restored the newest NAND and left it alone for a few days.

Thinking that perhaps the Wii isn't bricked, I started looking into component failure. Sure enough, I read that if the Bluetooth module goes bad, the Wii will only display a black screen. Also, sometimes the Wi-Fi module does this when it goes bad too?

Could this be my issue?

I don't have a GameCube controller, but I do have a classic controller. I've been told that it won't work with a lot of the homebrew apps though. I can get a GameCube controller fairly easily though, if I need one.

It won't sync a Wiimote, and the Wiimote will not turn the Wii on. However, the batteries were dead so the Wiimote may not be synced anymore anyway, so it wouldn't work to turn it on would it? Pressing both sync buttons to sync the Wiimote and the Wii don't appear to do anything though.

Should I tear the thing apart and replace the Bluetooth module?

If you need anymore info, please do not hesitate to ask me! Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can