Just got a modded Xbox

Sega dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I got an original Xbox at a garage sale for $20. It has some sort of mod chip installed. I also got an original duke controller with it, as well as a modded type s controller. I'm not sure what mod chip is it. On the front of the console, there is a small blue box with 4 small white switches on it. To the left of the blue box, it has a small black switch and an led. On the back, there is a DB25 port of some kind. I don't know what the switches do, so I haven't touched them. The first white switch labeled 1 is on, the rest are off. I hooked it up and it started up into the stock dashboard no problem. It has alot of music and tons of saves. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to start a game. I can hear the disc spinning and the light around the eject button flashes, but it doesn't start the game. It sounds like it's having trouble achieving focus lock. Judging by the tray, it looks like a Samsung drive. The manufacture date of the console is 2003-10-6. I put in a lens cleaning disc, which has CD audio tracks on it, and it played that just fine. But it still won't start any games. Any help with identifying the mod chip and getting games running would be greatly appreciated.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Today I got an original Xbox at a garage sale for $20. It has some sort of mod chip installed. I also got an original duke controller with it, as well as a modded type s controller. I'm not sure what mod chip is it. On the front of the console, there is a small blue box with 4 small white switches on it. To the left of the blue box, it has a small black switch and an led. On the back, there is a DB25 port of some kind. I don't know what the switches do, so I haven't touched them. The first white switch labeled 1 is on, the rest are off. I hooked it up and it started up into the stock dashboard no problem. It has alot of music and tons of saves. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to start a game. I can hear the disc spinning and the light around the eject button flashes, but it doesn't start the game. It sounds like it's having trouble achieving focus lock. Judging by the tray, it looks like a Samsung drive. The manufacture date of the console is 2003-10-6. I put in a lens cleaning disc, which has CD audio tracks on it, and it played that just fine. But it still won't start any games. Any help with identifying the mod chip and getting games running would be greatly appreciated.
It's a Xecuter front panel + Xecuter 3 modchip. Try Button 2 (disable 1))
unknown.png

Last edited by DarkGabbz,

Sega dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I think it's an Xecuter 2. With the console off, I flipped the black switch and the led on the panel turned from red to green. Where the Microsoft logo usually is, under the Xbox logo, it now says "XECUTER2". I tried turning on all 4 switches one by one, one at a time, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Actually, I think it's an Xecuter 2. With the console off, I flipped the black switch and the led on the panel turned from red to green. Where the Microsoft logo usually is, under the Xbox logo, it now says "XECUTER2". I tried turning on all 4 switches one by one, one at a time, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Did it boot to a custom dash?
(xecuter 2 means you have loaded the custom bios successfully)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!