Hardware Just bought a debug PS3 DECHA00A

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought a DECHA00A off eBay. Wanted a full BC for ages but they're rare as hens teeth in the UK having never been released here.

In addition it would require being sent away for downgrading before I could play UK PS1/2 games on it and even then I can't seem to find a solid answer on whether I would have to dump them to an ISO first.

So instead I found a relatively reasonably priced-ish, warranty sealed debug model and decided to take the plunge there instead.

It has the COK-001 full BC main board and is completely region free and comes with a 500gb HDD, hoping to install Rebug on it as downgrading a debug system should just be a matter of getting the right official Sony 3.55 software for it.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any opinions on reballing a PS3 that's never had YLOD? It is unnecessary or will it genuinely help to prolong the lifespan over my usual routine of lifting the IHSs and increasing fan speeds?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't install a CFW on a debug system but that's me.

Anyway, you can install D-Rex.
Games are loaded via gamerips with Multiman/ mmCM (cobra mode)
PS2 and PS1 can be loaded as ISO's

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't install a CFW on a debug system but that's me.

Anyway, you can install D-Rex.
Games are loaded via gamerips with Multiman/ mmCM (cobra mode)
PS2 and PS1 can be loaded as ISO's

Fair enough, for originality or just because there's no point using a debug one just to play games?

My main PS3 is a Slim on CFW and I also have an 80gb on CFW too so it wouldn't be my main PS3. Main reason I want CFW on it is for fan control/monitoring temps with it being a very early model.

Do you have any thoughts on the reballing question as I would be very interested if you did?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day