Hacking just bought 5.05 console

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
now i need to jailbreak. i've obviously seen kiiwii AIO guide, but i also noticed the X-project thread, and modded warfare's video tutorial. i prefer the visual walk through, but that video is 8 months old. don't want to install old software. i remember kiiwii saying x-project is more stable. not sure if all 3 of these guides are the same thing.

Last edited by SmoothNobody,
Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can choose whatever method you like as long as it is for 5.05.
The "jailbreak" is basically only loading a webpage. Nothing is ever permanently installed.
You can swap and change between any method whenever you like.

Looking at first post in this thread, the exploit menu you had on your PS4 was by Al-Azif.

If you folow KiiWii's AIO guide you can simply set that up again or you can choose to self host and use one of the other exploit menus that are available like X-Project or my own exploit host HERE.

When setting up your internet connection make sure to use AlAzif's DNS addresses to block updates and to run an update blocker payload when you first run your exploit menu.
In AlAzif's menu it is 'Disable Updates', in X-Project it is in 'BLOCK > UPDATES DISABLER' and in my menu it is in 'TOOLS 2 > Disable Updates'

Also turn off all Automatic Downloads in your PS4 system settings: go to Settings > System > Automatic Downloads.

Last edited by Leeful,

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
making a decision is more tedious for me cause my understanding is limited and i don't know the differences between these methods. i want to follow modded warfare's video but i don't want to end up with outdated stuff on my machine. al-azif was giving me a ridiculous amount of kernal panics so definitely don't want to do his method again. whats the difference between x-project and your exploit?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What ever method you choose you will get kernel panics from time to time, that's just the way it is.

X-Project and my Exploit Menu basically do the exact same thing in the end. The are just layed out in a different way.

Try them both out and see which one you prefer.

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was reading this thread yesterday, and mention of the kernal panicks which has been an irritation lately to me, was going to ask but noticed those posts were months back. Since this seems to be relevant discussion now, maybe someone could chime in.

I've read bits and pieces before about a Rest State bug. I don't recall having that issue using Hen 1.7 or prior. Since recently wiring up my entertainment system and display all operating with that CEC linked power as well as ARC audio passthrough; even though I make sure the PS4 powers down before turning off other devices, I get that annoying as fk CLICK CLICK then black screen followed by reboot checking integrity of drive from improper shutdown. @SmoothNobody as per your comments on page 2 with the screenshot ..... power down your PS4 when not in use or it will crap out on you if you put ps4 into sleep mode.

However, if before going to the User's Guide exploit if I select reboot device right after it powers on all's well.

So with this above in mind, I saw old mention of X-Project, which I am not familiar with at all considering I followed Modern Warfare and KiiWii's old guides. Is this Rest State bug not an issue with X-Project? I just don't recall ANYONE ever doing a Youtube video on it so it just simply didn't interest me to change my comfort zone of what works. Also curious what the benefits X-Project would offer over the existing method.

Last edited by Brenry,

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i did the al-azif method. i regret it already. first time i try to load hen.... not enough system memory, not enough system memory, not enough system memory, crash. i know you said all these exploits do the same thing, and kernal panics will happen, but is your method or x-project more stable? i'm assuming install is the same, just put in DNS and launch browser?

also, i noticed i now have to be connected to the internet to open the payload menu. i could launch it offline before. i'm assuming "self host" means i don't need internet connection to launch payloads?

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i did, it works. but saying it happens "sometimes" is a massive understatement. i have to "try again" several times before it works. feels really unreliable. a kernal panic now and then is one thing. that stupid not enough system memory message over and over is obnoxious.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RE: Kernel Panics.
When you run the kernel exploit you are trying to force code to run in an already running process. Sometimes it will fail.

I like to think of it like this:
Think of the PS4 as being a fast moving bus with it's doors open.
Think of running the Exploit as You trying to jump into that moving bus.
Sometimes you will jump straight through the doors and safely onto the bus. :D Success, HEN Loaded!!! :D
BUT, sometimes you will miss. :sad: Kernel Panic!!! :sad:

The best thing to do when you have a kernel panic is this:
After the PS4 has rebooted and done it's checks, DO NOT try and run the exploit again straight away.
Instead go to power and select 'Restart the PS4'. After the PS4 has rebooted again, wait at least 30 seconds before running the exploit.

Although this is not guaranteed to solve the problem it is used and advised by a lot of people, including myself and does seem to help.

RE: Self Hosting.
Self hosting is running an Exploit Host menu (my Exploit Menu or X-Project etc.) from your computer instead of from the internet.

If you want to try self hosting, the quickest method is to use my Exploit Host Server program and my Exploit Menu. (This method using the Server will also work with X-Project)

1. Download and extract 'Exploit Host Menu v6.2 Leeful.rar' and 'Exploit Host Server.rar' from the post HERE.
2. Put the Exploit Host Server exe next to the index.html and run it.
3. Open the Browser app on your PS4 and put in the exact address that it tells you in the Exploit Host Server program.

You can now cache the exploit host so that you do not have to host it from your computer anymore or be connected to the internet on your PS4.
If you are using my menu go to 'TOOLS 2' and select '*Offline Cache'. If you are using X-Project go to 'CACHE' and select 'HOST CACHE'.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: Brenry

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the al-azif method. i regret it already. first time i try to load hen.... not enough system memory, not enough system memory, not enough system memory, crash.

One thing you might try is in the options of web browser is a Clear Cache. There's no telling what's in there from ancient times. From what I understand that is where the memory problems arise from. Clear the cache. Further on that point, there are threads out there recommending after a Clear ... to cache the exploit pages (also in the options menu).

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One thing you might try is in the options of web browser is a Clear Cache. There's no telling what's in there from ancient times. From what I understand that is where the memory problems arise from. Clear the cache. Further on that point, there are threads out there recommending after a Clear ... to cache the exploit pages (also in the options menu).
Ths does not apply here as he has just installed a brand new hard drive but it is a good idea to try. Mabe the pages did not cache correctly when they first loaded.
When you Clear the cache that also deletes the saved exploit menu pages from the PS4. That is why you need to cache the exploit pages again if you want to use the exploits offline again.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updated the AIO a little to add "(Update/Recovery pup path is: USB:/PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP)" in the hdd upgrade section, and "PUP UPDATE/RECOVERY FILES MUST ALWAYS BE PLACED IN USB:/PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP." under number 8 of the IMPORTANT NOTES, READ THESE FIRST section ;)

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
trying to force code in to a running process sounds complicated. your explanation of the bus was great. but i noticed you didn't comment on if your or x-project has less panics or doesn't have that annoying not enough system memory problems. since none of this is permanent and much easier than i thought i guess i will take your advice and try the other two.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
trying to force code in to a running process sounds complicated. your explanation of the bus was great. but i noticed you didn't comment on if your or x-project has less panics or doesn't have that annoying not enough system memory problems. since none of this is permanent and much easier than i thought i guess i will take your advice and try the other two.

Cache X-Project: experience very few KP’s (crashes).

Stability is the core of X-Project, it has to be reliable and work more often than not :P

In my experience the only way to crash it repeatedly is to run too many payloads over the top of each other, or not cache it and run it too soon on boot up.

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i decided to try x-project. i have it installed but games stay locked and can't be loaded. i know hen was injected cause it says welcome to hen and i see the debug menu. the games i'm trying to play were installed with al-azif DNS method and remote package installer. do i have to re-install with x-project for them to work? how do i remote install with x-project?

EDIT - FYI for anybody who installs PKG's with AL-AZIF DNS method and switches over to x-project. you have to re-install your PKG's with x-project. everything previously installed will stay locked.

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
anybody know how to customize the UI? would like to get rid of the icons for PS store PS now etc. i already got custom themes installed but they mostly change the background image, they don't remove the default icons.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anybody know how to customize the UI? would like to get rid of the icons for PS store PS now etc. i already got custom themes installed but they mostly change the background image, they don't remove the default icons.

Checkout extememodding’s tutorials if they’re still cached in the waybackmachine or whatever. His sites long gone now.

I want to add shortcut to debugsettings to retail machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays