Gaming Just a friendly reminder to everyone

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It pays to back up your games, saves, and anything you don't want to lose.

I just moved, and I lost my Wii's SD card in the shuffle, so I was using my DSi's SD card with all of my games on it to load apps in the HBC. I just moved all my DSi data to a folder on the SD called DSi, then I moved my Wii SD card's backup onto it.

I then later went and placed a wad file on the SD card, when I went to put it in my Wii and load the HBC, nothing happened.

I went back and put the SD card into my computer, and somehow when I copied the wad file onto the SD card, it deleted everything else but that.

Thank God I had backed up my entire DS SD card a few days ago.

------

So, just as a reminder to everyone, if you haven't yet backed up your SD cards, or haven't done it in a while, it'll be a life-saver if the unexpected happens.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info dude,i never back up anything.
happy.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I know
I always try to have 2 copies of any important file.
For flashcards I back up saves every time the microsd goes into the computer.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alex221, Your welcome! This is exactly why I made this topic, I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware.

If you do not have much space, then you can just back up all of your .sav files, since you can always download the ROMs again, but it's very frustrating to have to start the game all over.

---

@ThePi, You've even taken it a step further than I have, I will start doing that also. Thanks!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a shame MicroSoft disabled the autorun. What I wanted to do was a quick batch file like http://filetrip.net/f12174-AKAIO-Wood-R4-S...anager-1-4.html that would back up saves on insertion of the MicroSD. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for someone to code a small memory resident program which check for an autorun.inf when a card was inserted and if it were xxx backup certain files.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tk_saturn, A program like that would be amazing, and you're correct, it wouldn't be that difficult to program it to back up .sav files upon insertion of SD card. If I knew anything about coding, I'd try.

Any coders present
happy.gif
?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Always backup your savedatas periodically, so if something happen you don't have to start over or use someone else's savedata.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Danny600kill said:
I like losing my stuff, makes me get new games and play my Ds again
tongue.gif

Lol, i also like not backing up and losing everything since i usually need to clean up, but never know where to start.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Always back up saves every time the microSD enters the computer.
As for PC games, pretty much all my games are through Steam. I just run the SteamBackup program and chuck them on an external drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.