Gaming Judging fake DS games by outer package (new unopened titles)

Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. The 3ds can brick in certain circumstances with fake copies inside (or so I have heard).
Anyway, that was the original concern.
What I want to know now is if my new copy is a rewrap. Seriously, the wrapping with cellophane lining on the side of the spine? (new 3 & 8) With damage to the opening of the case? (new5) Also found a scratch which appears to be on the plastic of the case itself (new2), but I do not know if damage like that can happen prior to factory wrapping.
I mean, I am not concerned for collecting purposes here, but I want to have a new copy (for extending the length span of the game's life; since Kirby Super Star Ultra is a game you can pick up on the go, in a sense, I can see a lot of used copies being inserted in and out the system often. This rubs the contacts hard if done vigorously and wear them down faster and I thought I could avoid the issue easier with a new copy. 2008/2009 is quite some years back. That and I had been trying to get one for months.....but every time.....:hateit: something stupid happens). Also, I like unwrapping and that new smell.... and the case is shiny.....
If it is a rewrap, I plan to contact the seller and see if I can get a discount. See the prices of new KSSU (within recent weeks, it is not too awful but still......).

Edit-extra: This new copy of game does appear to be legit in this case (prior message posting images to this message show whole case front and back). I just do not want to be played paying higher for used.

And yeah, I have come across a game which appeared fine but the contact erosion was awful enough that the game would not register. It pays to check before you buy.

Attachments

• new3.JPG
    new3.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 169
  • new 8.jpg
    new 8.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 161
  • new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 174
  • new 5.jpg
    new 5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 146
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by Voltshock R,

Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I do want to ask a few other things. If I have doubts regarding the wrapping of this newly purchased game and want to ask the seller more on it, do you think that it would be rude?
Also, if it was a rewrap, would asking for the price to lower towards a like new from Amazon if I kept the game be unacceptable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1