Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zorua said:
chris888222 said:
antwill said:
chris888222 said:
This is dumb. But may I ask why only them?
Sony aren't seeing these IP lists, only the attorneys, they are also not going to sue anyone else, and are only using the IPs for the locations so they can try and get the judge to grant them to hold the court case where they want and not in geohot's state. The IPs are only there to prove that he distributed the hacks, and to help them decide on a place to hold the case, never to sue anyone else and Sony aren't even going to see them. Also the subpoena is very specific, if Sony were to turn around and try and sue anyone else or get their identifiable information they would need another to be approved.
All I can say now is good luck geohot. A person VS a company is indeed a huge challenge.

Considering how he won the case between him and Apple, this shouldn't be a really big deal.
Er... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Sony will be tougher to defeat. Since they have a vast range of products from mobiles to laptop computers to games and even TVs (ahem iPod, iPad, iPhone and Macs), I suppose they earn more than apple. Sony is sure a tough cookie.

Still, best wishes geohot. (no sarcasm here)

Wms123789

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First thing do to after i read this news: Going the first time on geohot.com just to show Sony my opinion
nayps3.gif

But really: Sony, from now on you will FAIL.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Er... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Sony will be tougher to defeat. Since they have a vast range of products from mobiles to laptop computers to games and even TVs (ahem iPod, iPad, iPhone and Macs), I suppose they earn more than apple. Sony is sure a tough cookie.

The main argument for jailbreaking the phones were the lockdown to specific service providers. This is a games console, which I'm sure many people will not see it in the same light as being locked down to a phone carrier.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
antwill said:
chris888222 said:

The main argument for jailbreaking the phones were the lockdown to specific service providers. This is a games console, which I'm sure many people will not see it in the same light as being locked down to a phone carrier.
I know that. However, I'm talking about the probability of Sony being 'unfair', since it earns so much money if you get what I mean. The possibility of money is endless, except on buying love and health that is.
tongue.gif

Sülf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Questions:
The judge can only judge for the US?
Is this legal out of the US?
If its legal, how can a US judge overrule national information/data protection laws of other countries?

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antwill said:
chris888222 said:
This is dumb. But may I ask why only them?
Sony aren't seeing these IP lists, only the attorneys, they are also not going to sue anyone else, and are only using the IPs for the locations so they can try and get the judge to grant them to hold the court case where they want and not in geohot's state. The IPs are only there to prove that he distributed the hacks, and to help them decide on a place to hold the case, never to sue anyone else and Sony aren't even going to see them. Also the subpoena is very specific, if Sony were to turn around and try and sue anyone else or get their identifiable information they would need another to be approved.
Sure, Sony arent seeing them at all... right
Even if I believed that (which I dont) its still bullshit. If this judge gives the IP's that means that in the future Sony can ask for IP's once more and refer to this case to make sure they get them
Also location? What are they gunna do? That video has been seen by millions upon millions from all around the globe
And they dont need proof that he put the hacks online, he never denied it

In the end Sony will get a hold of that IP list, maybe even compare it to their own PSN IP list and keep a close eye on those IPs or maybe even ban them outright (which also wouldnt surprise me)

Also dont forget the money of power in a corrupt country like the US

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Welcome to the U.S.A! Where money buys you almost everything.

oh well, just visited geohots site after reading this thread, was a nice read through on his side of the story. David vs Goliath basicly.

And to all you freaking out bout their IP being traced, ever heard of proxies?

PS. Funny I lost contact to my network provider for 10 secs there after I had exited the geohots site, pure chance or sony DDOSing me? hehe

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wish i had supreme inhumane powers right now
frown.gif

bastards, they are messing with people who didn't do anything bad (yet)
just as they say Sony thinks "We're Above The Law"
i benchmark "Sony" as one of the bad companies in my personal list

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
megawalk said:
frown.gif

Join the Boycott Sony group on FB ;P
Link in sig ;p

Elvarg

Zyzz™
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GundamXXX said:
megawalk said:
frown.gif

Link in sig ;p

i dont think sony will even bother looking at the page.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
HOLY SHIT GUYS SONY JUST PAID THE RUSSIANS TO GAIN ACCESS TO THEIR SATELLITES WHICH HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ YOUR MIND.

THEY'RE USING THE IP ADDRESSES TO TRACK YOUR LOCATION RIGHT NOW. WATCH THE FUCK OUT GUYS AND GET SOMEWHERE THE MIND READING BEAMS CAN'T AFFECT YOU.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Law said:
HOLY SHIT GUYS SONY JUST PAID THE RUSSIANS TO GAIN ACCESS TO THEIR SATELLITES WHICH HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ YOUR MIND.

THEY'RE USING THE IP ADDRESSES TO TRACK YOUR LOCATION RIGHT NOW. WATCH THE FUCK OUT GUYS AND GET SOMEWHERE THE MIND READING BEAMS CAN'T AFFECT YOU.
Thats it I'm going to a galaxy far, far away...

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elvarg said:
GundamXXX said:
megawalk said:
frown.gif

Link in sig ;p

i dont think sony will even bother looking at the page.
Its not about Sony checking the page, although that would be funny
Its more about a united stand against the corruption of a international company and boycotting them for being douchebags

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)