Gaming JRPG suggestions for the xbox360

airrunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i am looking to get my teeth into a few more offerings in the Jrpg department. Now i know there isn't a plethora of western titles available, but im hoping there are some which may have slipped under the radar.

I would like to add that i have recently completed eternal sonata and absolutely loved the game, and i have just recently purchased tales of vesperia.

Is there anything else similar?

Many thanks in advanced :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wikipedia has a entry on Xbox 360 games, Maybe you could check there for some other JRPG's.

http://www.xboxer360.com/features/top-5-jrpgs-on-the-xbox-360/
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100219073956AA1Kp02

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll list all the Jrpgs I own for the 360:

Resonance of Fate
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Enchanted Arms
Star Ocean: The Last Hope aka Star Ocean 4
Tales of Vesperia

All of these are really awesome games, some of them might not please everyone and have somewhat low scores in review websites, but all of their stories and gameplay are fun imho.
If you like Star Ocean games, you should def try Star Ocean 4, which actually serves as the prequel for all the other games (in terms of timeline it's the first one), Lost Odyssey has a gorgeous story and the characters are really well done, it also somewhat side stories that tell you about the main char's past, some of them are really beautiful and moving, in Enchanted Arms you have a pretty typical anime hero, he has some kind of power that makes others dislike him but is best friends with the best student and coolest guy who all girls like, but it has quite a plot twist and the gameplay and the robots you can use when you fight is pretty awesome, Infinite Undiscovery is a game that has a really nice world, the main char is pretty much a wuss at first, all he can do is play the flute and doesn't really know how to fight, however he looks just like a really famous hero that's saving the world so he's mistook for that very hero and his adventure begins, unwillingly. Lastly ther's Resonance of Fate, it's not your typical Jrpg, but it's really enjoyable, I specially love the fact that you can get new costumes, hair, glasses, etc... You can costumise the main chars clothes and styles, it's kinda pointless for most, but I love making my char look diferent after each chapter. =3

Reactions: 2 people

airrunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll list all the Jrpgs I own for the 360:

Resonance of Fate
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Enchanted Arms
Star Ocean: The Last Hope aka Star Ocean 4
Tales of Vesperia

All of these are really awesome games, some of them might not please everyone and have somewhat low scores in review websites, but all of their stories and gameplay are fun imho.
If you like Star Ocean games, you should def try Star Ocean 4, which actually serves as the prequel for all the other games (in terms of timeline it's the first one), Lost Odyssey has a gorgeous story and the characters are really well done, it also somewhat side stories that tell you about the main char's past, some of them are really beautiful and moving, in Enchanted Arms you have a pretty typical anime hero, he has some kind of power that makes others dislike him but is best friends with the best student and coolest guy who all girls like, but it has quite a plot twist and the gameplay and the robots you can use when you fight is pretty awesome, Infinite Undiscovery is a game that has a really nice world, the main char is pretty much a wuss at first, all he can do is play the flute and doesn't really know how to fight, however he looks just like a really famous hero that's saving the world so he's mistook for that very hero and his adventure begins, unwillingly. Lastly ther's Resonance of Fate, it's not your typical Jrpg, but it's really enjoyable, I specially love the fact that you can get new costumes, hair, glasses, etc... You can costumise the main chars clothes and styles, it's kinda pointless for most, but I love making my char look diferent after each chapter. =3
Thank you very much for the detailed information on these titles. Infinite undiscovery looks exactly the sort of thing i would entertain, thanks very much im going to hit ebay now :)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Infinite Undiscovery is a hidden jewel from Square Enix, it's pretty good and has 3 DVD's or something... Can't really remember how many there were, it's a lenghty game. x3

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Lost Odyssey is really good and also Resonance of Fate has an original fun battle system.
Both games as well as the others on the list by Skelletonike are well worth a look in and really cheap now.
Also FFXIII, though not generally liked by the masses, is still a good game.

I am currently playing Dark Souls and am completely hooked!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Nier

While it's not similar to the kawaii RPGs you asked for, it's a damn good game, cheap as hell now and you'll be missing out by alot if you skipped this.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here are some that I know about. This won't be a good list, as I'm using my tablet right now, so bear with me.

Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy XIII
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Enchanted Arms
Blue Dragon
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

At the time, this is all I know of. I'm definitely editing this when I get to a computer.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tales of Vesperia - Overall, my favorite 360 JRPG. Great story, great combat system
Nier - Very close second. A fantastic story, interesting characters (Kaine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No one expects the database errors!!!
    +2
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Still fits in your mouth the same way