Problem with Ez Flash Jr.

soygranaino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there!

This is my first message in this community. Thanks in advance for your time and the amazing work you do here:)

I recently bought a GameBoy Color to play several childhood games, and I also purchased an Ez Flash Jr. to load ROMs onto the console. I followed the instructions by updating the firmware to version 4, formatting the 32GB SD card in FAT32 format with 32 clusters, and finished the update. However, the flash card isn't reading the ROMs in the GB and GBC folders: only a the main folder called "roms" appears, but it's empty (it doesn't show the previously mentioned GB and GBC folders).

I've tried everything: checked the file attributes (the indexing options are marked), formatted the SD card again, had a look at the rom's names to see if there was any bizarre character who was screwing the whole thing and even tried to rearrange the folders in an alphabetical order like several YouTube tutorials suggest, but I can't find a solution. My SD card, by the way, is the SanDisk Ultra 32GB (the red and grey one). Tried as well a 8GB one, with the same result.

I've also tried dropping the ROMs directly into the root of the SD card, and this is the only thing that works to play games, but you want to see the rest of the ROMs in the GB and GBC folders in which the other games are prepared.

I would like to ask for help, as it is quite frustrating to have tried every sollution I knew. Many thanks in advance for everythind. Kind regards:)

Last edited by soygranaino,

soygranaino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! Many thanks for your answer!

I've tried that, but unfortunately it still didn't recognize the folder. What I did was leaving all the roms directly into the root, distinguishing between "GB" and "GBC" right before each name, and so far it works. The navigation between roms seems smooth so far:)

It seems that everything goes well, including the saving features -had to turn the "autosave" option on-, so I think right now I'm leaving it like this.

Thanks again for answering and for your help. Hope to see you again in this forum!:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head