Gaming [JP eShop software] Nintendo Collectable Badge Center!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it has been a while since i last looked into the extdata this uses. has anyone else looked into it and done anything other than editing shortcuts and changing the badge amount?

Makes me want to use ntrclient and patch a few variables in its RAM...

if you have gw you can install the cia and use it like that :)

I know that "Badge collector center" works, since I did got some badge, but I got "Apps badges" that replace the default application icons, like the music player, the photo app, Miiplaza... and they do not works like they should.

the shortcut is stored in the badge data, maybe the app shortcut is not dynamically created, and always hardcoded to the japanese settings app, it would make enough sense i guess because this is only for the jp region.
you can edit the shortcut, but not to anything you want, maybe editing it to another region's settings app would not be accepted.

and, once you edit stuff like this, when you use the badge center again, the file will sync back from the server and you will lose your hacks :(

Reactions: medoli900

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So interesting thing I noticed, the Extdata of Badge Center seems to be NNID specific, even beyond being console specific. Having transferred my movable.sed from my O3DS to N3DS, I can move SD card content between the systems. So I had moved the system saves for my US NNID from my O3DS as well as the badge center saves to my N3DS. Obviously badge center wouldn't run with this NNID because it wasn't linked to the system, however I was able to use my badges from the O3DS on the N3DS homescreen.

I also discovered that you MUST have an NNID linked/saved on the system for badge settings to show up on the home screen (even with the Extdata present but no NNID, the settings don't show up in the system settings; I also find it interesting that these systems settings are already localized on a US firmware, so they must be planning to release this eventually...). I then reset the system saves for my NNID and made a new temporary US (but with JPN N3DS console ID) NNID. This allowed badge center to work (I can do daily free plays on my N3DS! I just can't make purchases...), but it reset the existing Extdata from my O3DS. Very interesting stuff indeed...

Due to this, I may not be able to transfer these badges from my N3DS back to my O3DS SD card like other content as the consoles are "linked", but that won't matter unless they officially release badge center in the US anyway! (Other interesting note, Pokemon Shuffle doesn't seem to care about a different NNID. I originally moved over my save from O3DS to N3DS and all my progress was there, but I couldn't check in without an NNID. After linking the new NNID for badge center, I was able to check in again daily on Shuffle and it didn't reset my progress! ^_^)

D

Deleted User

I actually think this looks pretty dang cool.
Too bad it's Japan only... for now.
Also I'm fine with micro transactions, especially if it's something like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: 4.90 ? 4.90.1?