Gaming [JP eShop software] Nintendo Collectable Badge Center!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres a huge difference in charging a one off fee for software and using the freemium method.

One is cancer.
With that logic we shouldn't pay for games period. "We bought the device, so how come I have to pay again for games?!"

You can play it for free. This isn't an MMORPG that gives you clear advantages when you spend money. It's a game that gives you virtual fucking stickers. Get off your soap box.

Reactions: Zidapi

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i don't care about the badges, i am complaining about the facebook shit idea, next we will have hats for mario or pokemon 1.5€ each
this is a unscrupulous wallet milking, pay to play minigames to win vanity and ego... yes you can play it for free for a limited time every day but it makes me so angry that they try to milk that system
they could use the play coins thing.... you go on a walk (or shake) and get the icons... but no...
They charge for themes? It's just like that.
Please, stop being so awkward. Don't like it, don't get it.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
With that logic we shouldn't pay for games period. "We bought the device, so how come I have to pay again for games?!"

You can play it for free. This isn't an MMORPG that gives you clear advantages when you spend money. It's a game that gives you virtual fucking stickers. Get off your soap box.

No. You buy the hardware then you buy software separately. ONE OFF PAYMENT for software.

I don't want to have to download Mario World for free then pay $5 for worlds 1-3, $5 for worlds 4-6, $3 to play as Luigi. $3 to play as Peach etc etc

This is what you are actually supporting.

Give me one good reason this badge software shouldn't just be $5-$10 one off payment then you use play coins to play the games?

chemistryfreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course they are going to think of different ways to earn money from the users. I don't like to pay money for in game stuff so I am glad Nintendo allow user to somehow enjoy the game even if they don't want to pay for more tries. Makes me feel that they do care about their customers and not force us to pay money for something ridiculous. But of course there are people who are willing to pay money to get more tries and quickly finish collecting all badges.

Last edited by chemistryfreak,

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No. You buy the hardware then you buy software separately. ONE OFF PAYMENT for software.

I don't want to have to download Mario World for free then pay $5 for worlds 1-3, $5 for worlds 4-6, $3 to play as Luigi. $3 to play as Peach etc etc

Give me one good reason this badge software shouldn't just be $5-$10 one off payment then you use play coins to play the games?

Maybe it'll be more accessible and won't cause internet stickers dickwaving?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But you're not downloading Mario World. They're two incredibly different games for different purposes. You can't just say every single microtransaction is the same.

The game is free. You can play it for free. Just don't pay for it. It's really quite simple.

chemistryfreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The most important fact here is you can still enjoy the game without paying for it at all!

Anyway there are different icons substitutes for the main menu software such as streetpass plaza, camera, etc.

Last edited by chemistryfreak,
Reactions: SLiV3R

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a reply to users wanting custom themes somewhat.
I see that Nintendo is going back to the point in coin-operated machines which are very common in Japan and people does gain profit with them. This game uses 90 Yens instead of the commonly 100 Yens machines.
Ubiquitous for Japan but seems to be a very foreign idea for newcomers to video games outside the country.

Does anyone know how is the background changed after placing the badges (stickers?)? Looks so cool!

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a problem with the "App replacement" badge. When I click it, it simply open up the badge case instead of starting the app. I suspect that it is because the badge search for the japanese app while I have the NTSC-U app, but it is just an assumption. Can someone confirm that it only takes the japanese app or does someone make it works on NTSC-U console? Also, is there a way to change the application that the badge search for? I am on GW 9.7 Sysnand 9.2U.

KeepPlanC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that "Badge collector center" works, since I did got some badge, but I got "Apps badges" that replace the default application icons, like the music player, the photo app, Miiplaza... and they do not works like they should.
oh i havent tried that , i will later when i can and tel ul if it works for me

Reactions: medoli900

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A little warning for you all. Use your special free daily go from today and tomorrow BEFORE using the practice machine. I got ingame and I was redirected directly to the crane game without any play, so I thought it was too early for the free play. I went to see if I could play the practice machine and I could. So I played and obtained a blue stamp with 7 free play instead of 3. When I went to the main crane game, I had only one play, from today event, and used it. The 7 free play I won just disappeared.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte