Josh / SonicSlasher support thread!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Hiya josh,

Sorta sucks to hear that you're not enjoying yourself so far but hopefully you get something out of this and hey, you're on your way to doing what you've always wanted so good on you for that :)
maybe mthr can smuggle a 360 in this letter, nobody would notice a little extra bulge, right? ;)

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow new GBAtemp looks so slick! Good stuff costy!

Anyways

Hi josh!

Sorry we haven't really spoken lately but I've been hella busy with this awful thing they call life... I really miss the days were I could just chill all night and grind out L4D with you and diego. Not much has been happening in the real world, aside from some major upsets like gaddafi getting killed, Steve jobs dying and THE BUSIEST GAMING PERIOD IN OVER 3 YEARS! You're gonna have such a huge backlog to work through once you come out :D
I really hope that you come out of it a better man (which I have all the faith you can). I look forward to talking to you again so I can fill you in on everything thats been happening in a bit more detail over some co-op games. Guardian Heroes got re-released on xbla and I really want someone to play it with :D

Great to hear from you in so long and I hope you'll be all right

-Oso

scrubberz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya, Josh.

Do whatever it is you have to do. I'm sure you'll come out of it stronger. As you might already know, I'm at school. I didn't get into the program I wanted to (Computer Science), but I took the alternate offer (Geomatics). It sucks more than I do. I was mislead into believing that it would be all Computer Science with a hint of Geography, but it turned out to be the opposite. The main CS course was the Computer Science course marketed as an elective for the students in other faculties. I went down to the office and complained, and they put me in the CS program's main courses, MATH 135, MATH 137, and CS 135. I dropped all of my other courses (CS 135, GEOG 1xx), so I'm essentially doing everything a normal CS student would be doing. They told me that if I can maintain a 70 average, they'll let me switch into the MATH Faculty, and out of the ENVIRONMENT faculty (*shudders*).

This 70 thing is proving to be much more difficult than I imagined. I went into school thinking I was relatively smart, but as it turns out, I'm just as fucking dumb as the rest of the world. I have an exam for calculus in less than an hour, and I'm not studying, I'm writing you a fucking letter, from an account I suspect will be banned/deleted. People have told me that the first and last years of undergrad university are the hardest. I don't doubt it one bit.

I don't know what your plan is. Do you intend to go back to school after your military thing? Or are you hopeful of pursuing a carreer with the military?

This community is lacking something without you. We await your return.

-Steven Ye

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
In commemoration of Josh's inevitable future acts of aeronautical heroism, I present to you a piece of fine art I have had commissioned portraying Josh heroically poo bombing our beloved fuhrer and single handedly winning the second world war.

gallery_123159_43_22535.png

Reactions: 2 people

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I'll print all this out and drop it in the box. Thanks everybody! Josh is gonna shit bricks, polish those bricks, and finally stack those bricks in the armory to be used as poo bombs in our fight against the world's evil dictators.

I'll let ya'll know when he writes back. For now, topic closed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz5iyEcIjbU[/youtube]​

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
READING MAIL FROM ALL YOUR BOYFRIENDS, SOLDIER? THIS AIN'T A BOOK CLUB, THIS IS THE ARMY! DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY, THEN GO OUT AND DIG A TRENCH! AND THEN PUSH THAT TRENCH TEN FEET TO THE LEFT! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!

Reactions: 2 people

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(I say hi, for the record)
Josh, if you see any mysterious blue police boxes flying overhead, don't shoot them down because it's probably me. :unsure:
(Well, don't try, because it's a waste of resources and it won't make a scratch.)

This is of course assuming you have any idea who I am.

D

Deleted_171835

No internet = no rage comics.
I have to fix that problem.
qak1C.png

And mthrnite, this better be printed out in super high-quality with the best ink you can find. >:

Also, soulx = SoulSnatcher = Atomic Revolution = Revolutionize. You may recognize me somewhere in the deep corners of your brain.

Did I ruin your childhood with that image?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, everything's printed up and in the mail. I want to thank everyone once again for helping me and Costy give ol' Josh some encouragement. I know he'll appreciate the hell out of it.

Here's what I wrote to him as kind of a cover letter:

Hey Josh,

First off, I hope you're doing well, and I hope they're making a man of you down there. I know I'm not your dad or anything, but I want you to know I'm proud of you. When I first met you I wasn't at all sure you could tie your shoes right, but I've always been impressed by your enthusiasm, and I figured if you could point all that energy in the right direction, you'd make something great out of yourself. The fact that I'm a bleeding-heart liberal doesn't keep me from being proud of our brave servicemen (and servicewomen, if that's a word.) I'm glad you picked our Air Force to hone you and focus you, and I'm absolutely sure that you will be an asset to that branch of the military.

I've included a printout of the thread at GBAtemp that Costello and I created. You've got a lot of people pulling for you to succeed, and wishing you well. Orc didn't make the cut, but he sends his best wishes, and I'm sure he'll make up for being such a slack bastard at a later date. :3

In closing, stay strong, kick ass, and don't get your shit in a stew.

Sincerely,
Gary

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So say something, I mean, you can bet your ass he'll be logging in the second he has access to an internet. I think they lock you down pretty tight in boot camp, but you never know.. Josh is an industrious little farker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1