Join us for a GBAtemp Game Night, featuring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

il_794xN.1538382444_rp0o.jpg

Interested in playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with someone, this lovely Friday night? Maybe you're bored of fighting randoms, or perhaps you just want to show off your mad skills to people you know? Then grab your Nintendo Switch and hop online! Tonight, we'll be having a little Game Night, hosted by @Meteor7. The event will kick off at 7pm CT / 12am GMT. For those in other regions, you can see a countdown, here.

And as a special bonus, anyone who shows up and plays at least one match will get an XP reward. 20XP is all yours, and all you have to do for it is have fun! Just make sure to post in the thread with a screenshot of you having played, or mention who you ended up fighting against!

Wanna join in? Then just add this friend code: SW-3018-5941-3903 and look for an open lobby once it's time! Arena ID: HBV2K

If you're not into Super Smash Bros., or you're not a Switch owner, don't fret! We'll try to make this a weekly event, and have various staff hosting different games on multiple platforms. If you have a request, we'd love to hear it!

D

Deleted User

Just for 20XP?
I would make a tournament, and the winner gets 1 free level lol

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
This is 1v1 no items an no hazards?

4 pvp lags kind of

Just wondering what the ruleset is, I'll be ready to beat @Meteor7 >:)
Definitely doing no items or hazards. What are we, filthy casul?
I was really hoping there would be a way to set up a friends tournament online, so we could have multiple 1v1 matches happening concurrently, but of course with Smash online being Smash online, such a feature doesn't exist. With enough people, we'll be doing 4vAlls, likely, though in the beginning we might get away with some 1v1s without leaving people out in the stands for too long.

Seriously though Nintendo, friend tournaments, put it in the game.

Last edited by Meteor7,

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I can't remember what it was called since it was about a decade ago (I think), but this reminds me of an event GBATemp held every Friday. I tried hosting it when the previous hoster dropped out, but life. Glad to see something like that making a slight comeback.....If I didn't have a banned Switch and an event today I'd stop by.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

My Ken likes this!
Later can you host tournaments if you like, it would be awesome!
EDIT: Will you stream it?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: DS1 and Meteor7

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, waiting on Pokémon before picking up a switch.
With that said, is it possible to do something like this when Pokémon S/S releases ?
Oh absolutely. I know you're a fan of hosting tournaments for Pokemon. Having a group tourney between temp users would be great. Mario Kart 8 DX would also be a near-certain in the future as well.

I'll try to join and play a few matches and go to sleep
Please make the next events at different times or not at night
As said in the OP, the plan is to have a variety of staff hosting these, which means they'll be in more appealing timezones for other users. Don't worry if you can't make it, as I'm sure there will be a time better suited to UK/EU/AU/etc members eventually.

Reactions: breaktemp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk