John Romero and Adrian Carmack reunite for new FPS Blackroom

photo-original.png

The creators of id Software and some of gaming's most iconic games are back with a new Kickstarter campaign with a goal of $700,000. Once the goal is reached, development will start immediately and the developers will secure the remaining funds with investors. The game is scheduled for a PC and Mac release in winter 2018.

The Kickstarter campaign describes Blackroom as "a visceral, varied and violent shooter that harkens back to classic FPS play with a mixture of exploration, speed, and intense, weaponized combat. Use fast, skillful movement to dodge enemy attacks, circle-strafe your foes, and rule the air as you rocket jump in the single- and multiplayer modes. BLACKROOM launches with unique multiplayer maps and robust modding support for the community to make diabolical creations of their own design."

:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
inb4Daikatana2
Never bothered to look up who made them.
How? id software's FPS's are basically the reason we have FPS's. They set the standards that all FPS's to this day still follow. These aren't so obscure games, these are id software FPS's
They don't need to list the games they made because it's literal common knowledge.

Last edited by The Catboy,

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only played doom twice, not any of the others. Also could be due to my general dislike of fps games. Only ones I like is the first red faction and unreal tourment 2004.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only played doom twice, not any of the others. Also could be due to my general dislike of fps games. Only ones I like is the first red faction and unreal tourment 2004.
Heh. Quake was one of the, if not the only real competitor to Unreal Tournament back in the day. They're a somewhat similar style of FPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo