Jailbroken ps4 pro chgange SSD

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From my experience, yes. I have a PS4 pro , only running “classics hdd”, no lags, no corruption, up to you mate.

Brandoman142

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS4 was never designed for SSD, so issues are corrupted database, and SSD failure. No better loading times, on the PS4, at least in games.

From my point of view, Using an SSD as extended storage is okay, but not as internal.

Ps4 works perfectly fine with SSD's. Depending on the game loading times can also be vastly improved. Whoever told you that the PS4 will have issues with an SSD has no understanding on how storage tech works.
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I have in my ps4 pro a 1tb SSD but I would like to transfer/copy everything on it in a 500gb SSD (because I need that SSD for something else). When I say everything I mean trophies, screenshots, videos, apps, games, games saves,... Is it possible ?

You will need another drive to use as temp storage. As well, you will need to ensure the file to be "restored" is less than the size of the replacement SSD. Furthermore you will need a 2GB USB drive to load the recovery files to

- Goto settings -- storage and see now much space you have used, if it is less than 500GB, backup to the "3rd drive" (as long as it has enough free space you are ok), then replace the drive and initialize the PS4 with another small USB drive, then you can simply restore the backup to the new SSD and you are good to go.

Also note, In general, it is recommended to not exceed roughly 80% of a SSD storage as it can impact the lifespan

Last edited by Brandoman142,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ps4 works perfectly fine with SSD's. Depending on the game loading times can also be vastly improved. Whoever told you that the PS4 will have issues with an SSD has no understanding on how storage tech works.
Post automatically merged:

You will need another drive to use as temp storage. As well, you will need to ensure the file to be "restored" is less than the size of the replacement SSD. Furthermore you will need a 2GB USB drive to load the recovery files to

- Goto settings -- storage and see now much space you have used, if it is less than 500GB, backup to the "3rd drive" (as long as it has enough free space you are ok), then replace the drive and initialize the PS4 with another small USB drive, then you can simply restore the backup to the new SSD and you are good to go.

Also note, In general, it is recommended to not exceed roughly 80% of a SSD storage as it can impact the lifespan
Well, I‘I’m probably misinformed, sorry
for the wrong answer to OP. My bad .

Actually Digital Foundry, measured 25 to 50 percents on loading times, and better textures, when internal.

I do use an ssd , but only external. My internal is empty. All my games are on external.
A bit faster internal vs external, according Digital Foundry, few seconds.

Internal only system and homebrews.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Brandoman142

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7