XP
Country
United States
Dead Space Extraction Flopped
Metroid Prime 3 and Other M Other M is terrible
Dead Rising Horrific port
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Actually an awesome port, I'll give it credit there
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Kinda crap
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles Pretty good, both of these are getting a PS3 port
House of the Dead Overkill Got a PS3 port
The Conduit Some consider it crap but regardless it's kinda a shameless Halo rip off of sorts
The Conduit 2 Crap
Call of Duty, World at War, Modern Warfare Reflex, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 Inferior ports
Goldeneye 007 Awesome game but it also got a better HD port
The Last Story Never played it
Pandora's Tower Never played it
Xenoblade Saga Play about an hour of it and thought it was kinda crap
Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward sword Skyward Sword is like half good, Twilight Princess is alright but I have a huge argument against Zelda for another time
Red Steel 1 & 2 Red Steel 1 is crap, Red Steel 2 is the best motion controlled game made.

Honestly, most of those games are either A) inferior ports/inferior versions or B) crap.

Also, STOP QUOTING LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING PEOPLE.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
STOP QUOTING LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING PEOPLE.
When there's a lot to comment on, there's a large quote goin' on.

I disagree with him on 90% of his post so if I want a complete response I have to go basically sentence by sentence and that creates a huge post - c'est la vie.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
STOP QUOTING LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING PEOPLE.
When there's a lot to comment on, there's a large quote goin' on.

I disagree with him on 90% of his post so if I want a complete response I have to go basically sentence by sentence and that creates a huge post - c'est la vie.

There's nothing wrong with making a long post that's a breakdown of another one, but quoting that incredibly long post afterwards is usually what takes up the most page space.

Just quote it, cut out the text and replace it with a *snip* or something, and continue talking.

That's my PSA for the day ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's nothing wrong with making a long post that's a breakdown of another one, but quoting that incredibly long post afterwards is usually what takes up the most page space.

Just quote it, cut out the text and replace it with a *snip* or something, and continue talking.

That's my PSA for the day ;)
I see. I thought you had some beef againts my post, not the quote of it.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead Space Extraction Flopped
Metroid Prime 3 and Other M Other M is terrible
Dead Rising Horrific port
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Actually an awesome port, I'll give it credit there
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Kinda crap
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles Pretty good, both of these are getting a PS3 port
House of the Dead Overkill Got a PS3 port
The Conduit Some consider it crap but regardless it's kinda a shameless Halo rip off of sorts
The Conduit 2 Crap
Call of Duty, World at War, Modern Warfare Reflex, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 Inferior ports
Goldeneye 007 Awesome game but it also got a better HD port
Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward sword Skyward Sword is like half good, Twilight Princess is alright but I have a huge argument against Zelda for another time
Red Steel 1 & 2 Red Steel 1 is crap, Red Steel 2 is the best motion controlled game made.

Honestly, most of those games are either A) inferior ports/inferior versions or B) crap.

Also, STOP QUOTING LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING PEOPLE.

As for whether people enjoyed these games or not, I was not trying to debate. I'm just sick of people acting as if Nintendo consoles don't have any games that are rated above "E-10+" I just wish Nintendo stays on their current path with the Wii U. I just don't want the Wii U to end up like another PS360. I'm a Nintendo fan for a reason. If I want to play a PS360 game, I have OnLive for that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As for whether people enjoyed these games or not, I was not trying to debate. I'm just sick of people acting as if Nintendo consoles don't have any games that are rated above "E-10+" I just wish Nintendo stays on their current path with the Wii U. I just don't want the Wii U to end up like another PS360. I'm a Nintendo fan for a reason. If I want to play a PS360 game, I have OnLive for that.
Stop bringing Nintendo games into this, we are not even talking about Nintendo SOFTWARE here but about their HARDWARE and its ineptness at supporting third-party development during the last generation. It was not built with components that would actually facilitate third party software development as it did not provide developers with freedom they need to spread their wings.

You can love Nintendo software all you want, but when developers saw the Wii, most of them just went "Pfff!".

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo is definitely not a "E10+" system, I would defend it there. I mean the most violent game I played this gen was probably MadWorld or No More Heroes.

And I do like OnLive but I don't find that it substitutes for a Xbox 360 or PS3. I mean I could go look at my Xbox 360 collection right now and 75% of the games there probably aren't on OnLive. I just don't see why anyone would adamantly say "No" to a Xbox 360 or PS3, there's games for everyone and they're just great consoles.

Reactions: 2 people

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I never said that they censor games, I said that they don't really have any IP's that would appeal to the M audience other than maybe Metroid Prime. Re-read what I wrote before you start assuming things.
I always thought of Sin and Punishment as Nintendo's most mature game. Metroid would probably rank in second place, though.
Anyway, i'm interested in what Nintendo has to offer.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never said that they censor games, I said that they don't really have any IP's that would appeal to the M audience other than maybe Metroid Prime. Re-read what I wrote before you start assuming things.
I always thought of Sin and Punishment as Nintendo's most mature game. Metroid would probably rank in second place, though.

Depends on your definition of maturity. I'd say Nier is one of the more mature games I've played to its themes and characters.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sin and Punishment is made by Treasure though. Also the story behind Sin and Punishment makes no fucking sense.

Metroid is probably considered their most "mature" game but it doesn't fetch over a T rating. If you're talking about themes and characters then it definitely is, Other M excluded and Prime emphasized. It still doesn't hold a candle to Half Life 2 in terms of characterizing a silent character but it does an excellent job.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
IMO, the reason the Wii lacks 3rd party is simply because of the other consoles offering much more wiggle room with their development. The Wii is underpowered, and many modern ideas can't be done without some extra push. Even if the PS3 and XBox360 offered more than what was needed, it is better to have extra resources left over than to not have enough resources to finish a project.

Now, with this coming generation, have the requirements for game ideas increased so much that 3rd-party developers would dismiss the Wii U in favor of the next Sony and Microsoft consoles? IMHO, I don't think so, at least not to the degree as have been shown with the Wii. The Wii was more of a test to see how well they can sell a system that took a different approach to gaming. Idea instead of power. It worked, but the lack of power is what is leading it to it's death. We still don't have an idea of the current capabilities of the Wii U, as the system itself has been going through multiple changes since last E3. However, the fact that they are making changes as requested by 3rd-party developers is enough for me to think that it will have the power to drive what 3rd-party developers require.

Reactions: 2 people

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Parents policy? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Nintendo hasn't refused "mature" games since the SNES days. If that was true, Snake Eater 3D, No More Heroes, Mad World, Geist, Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil 4 wouldn't be on their platforms.

Yeah that's A LOT OF MATURE /3RD PARTY GAMES. Unlike on their PS3/XBOX counter parts. Even Dreamcast, a console dead in late's 2001 had more 3rd party support than these great titles you've mentioned

btw you didn't quote the whole example so i'll leave it here:

1. Nintendo "parents" policy, by not having sex-explicit, hardcore, adult games for mature audience. Yes there are few games like COD, Madworld, etc. Hence the system aimed for children and/or families. Heck Mario Sunshine was great, retro and all that, but... mario galaxy?! Can't you be more gay/friendly mario? (I don't even hate gays or something) Where are those pseudo arcade franchises you developed for us Nintendo? Starfox64 15 years ago?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO, the reason the Wii lacks 3rd party is simply because of the other consoles offering much more wiggle room with their development. The Wii is underpowered, and many modern ideas can't be done without some extra push. Even if the PS3 and XBox360 offered more than what was needed, it is better to have extra resources left over than to not have enough resources to finish a project.

Now, with this coming generation, have the requirements for game ideas increased so much that 3rd-party developers would dismiss the Wii U in favor of the next Sony and Microsoft consoles? IMHO, I don't think so, at least not to the degree as have been shown with the Wii. The Wii was more of a test to see how well they can sell a system that took a different approach to gaming. Idea instead of power. It worked, but the lack of power is what is leading it to it's death. We still don't have an idea of the current capabilities of the Wii U, as the system itself has been going through multiple changes since last E3. However, the fact that they are making changes as requested by 3rd-party developers is enough for me to think that it will have the power to drive what 3rd-party developers require.
Another thing is cross-platform titles, from my understanding is that in order to port to the Wii you had to rework the assets, the engine etc... in order to get it running, it's time consuming and not really worth it.
But if the Wii had comparable specs developers would have no reason not to do multi platforms releases for it, with better specs they could have effortlessly made multi platform ports and always make a winning no matter on which platform it sold the most on.

Parents policy? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Nintendo hasn't refused "mature" games since the SNES days. If that was true, Snake Eater 3D, No More Heroes, Mad World, Geist, Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil 4 wouldn't be on their platforms.

Yeah that's A LOT OF MATURE /3RD PARTY GAMES. Unlike on their PS3/XBOX counter parts.
But unlike what you're saying it has nothing to do with the "Nintendo censoring" crap you're trying to get across.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
But unlike what you're saying it has nothing to do with the "Nintendo censoring" crap you're trying to get across.

Sorry mr crap:

So this is why I had to re-quote myself:
Gimme more hardcore games, NINTENDO as you're keeping away 3rd parties with your policy of family/kids/grannies console.
This is the crap i'm talking about-

1. Nintendo "parents" policy, by not having sex-explicit, hardcore, adult games for mature audience. Yes there are few games like COD, Madworld, etc. Hence the system aimed for children and/or families. Heck Mario Sunshine was great, retro and all that, but... mario galaxy?! Can't you be more gay/friendly mario? (I don't even hate gays or something) Where are those pseudo arcade franchises you developed for us Nintendo? Starfox64 15 years ago?

2nd time quote

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry mr crap:

Gimme more hardcore games, NINTENDO as you're keeping away 3rd parties with your policy of family/kids/grannies console.

The thing is that they tried to strike a balance and failed due to lower than expected specs.
Nintendo's policy was a platform for everybody, missing their target doesn't mean that developers wouldn't have any interest in publishing titles on their system if only it was capable.
Nintendo missed their target by dumbing down Mario Kart, Smash Bros, not releasing new IP's and other games for other established loved franchises like F-Zero. But Nintendo taking a break from usual businesses was not what made third party developers stay away from the system.

BTW the Mario Galaxy games are better than Sunshine in my opinion. And to be objective, the Galaxy games were more "mature" titles (hate that term) than Sunshine. Things like he music and overall design had a more serious approach.

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
How do people do it? Oh yes, like this.
>Make up a random list without explanation.
>Expects people to take this post seriously.

Well all of those are relatively kick ass games the Wii U isn't getting.

So yeah. At least I can get like... all of those except Uncharted and Diablo. Well I have Uncharted: Golden Abyss but nothing main series.

How do you know what the Wii U is getting or what is not getting?

do you know what a NDA is?

943172638d1243607786-stewies-blog-fire-trucks-facepalm.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sorry mr crap:

The thing is that they tried to strike a balance and failed due to lower than expected specs.
Nintendo's policy was a platform for everybody, missing their target doesn't mean that developers wouldn't have any interest in publishing titles on their system if only it was capable.
Nintendo missed their target by dumbing down Mario Kart, Smash Bros, not releasing new IP's and other games for other established loved franchises like F-Zero. But Nintendo taking a break from usual businesses was not what made third party developers stay away from the system.

The problem is what you see now:

1. Nintendo can't throw us a library with their starring mascots alone anymore, I wouldn't stand that. If they were to repeat that mistake, customers would be pissed off. They need the 3rd party support(we want to enjoy one of Nintendo consoles without thinking we'd need a - PC/ XBOX/360,insert the gaming experience you want here- if we were to enjoy a good gaming library. Otherwise, why would we want to re-pay /re-play the same ol' shite? Wii teached us that.

Of course I love my wii, but i'm older and I frankly can't fulfill my gaming preferences with the current gaming console Nintendo offered me... and what they've brought up these last years.
I enjoy much more by playing Dreamcast/PSP, heck, even N64.

BTW the Mario Galaxy games are better than Sunshine in my opinion. And to be objective, the Galaxy games were more "mature" titles (hate that term) than Sunshine. Things like he music and overall design had a more serious approach.

I kinda stopped reading there.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I think many, if not most here agrees with me when it comes to Galaxy.

I don't see what you're arguing about since all I'm saying is that they missed their target thanks to weaker hardware.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol