Hacking I've had enough!!

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear to god I love the new members who are popping up in an effort to reach that 100 mark.

Am I a new member? What's the 100 mark all about?

Anyway, I would love to see how this whole mod chip thing plays out. I love games, but I scratch my materials like crazy. Also, I think Nintendo might change their mobo soldering pattern if this becomes too popular. What are other mod chips that are coming soon and can the mysterious nintendo firmware updates affect these pieces of hardware?

i miss the cartridges because they were so durable. but what can you do, right?

By the way, I love your avatar and sig.
(Imagine: "The hugeCock has the ability to fertilize hens within a square kilometer per ejaculate")

This isn't a SoftMod. Its a Drivemod. Changing the motherboard wouldn't do a thing. Only changing the disc drive will, and Im sure Nintendo will change it within there next few batch of Wiis.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow. I posted out of a great deal of ignorance. Apologies.

So it's the disc drive that I should be focusing on for this mod chip. So are there different tactics in which developers are taking to get backups/piracy (come on, admit it, you land lubbers) working? What would be a nice way to get a firm grasp on the current situation... like any good websites that discuss this with concise summaries?

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no honor among theives. I'm buying a modchip to save money on buying games. I don't have a job (full-time school), so I can't afford games. Obviously, I'm going to go the cheapest route and if that includes using someone elses code to program my own PIC chip, I will. If I can save $50 by paying $5 for the code and $2 for a PIC chip, I will.

Don't give me bullshit about buying it from Wiinja because they did all the work, if that were the case then we'd all just buy the games instead.

This thread is a joke and I happily shit on it.

I see that there isn't any honor among thieves, as you have proven yourself with this post of yours. Tell me this. At the moment when you bought your Wii, were you thinking about putting a modchip in it to play pirated games? No the fuck you didn't. Not until after you bought your Wii that you relized that you were broke, and couldn't afford games. So why the fuck did you buy a Wii for? Program a chip? Wow. You see, theres a diffrence between a broke ass person, and a cheap ass person, and you my friend, is one very cheap ass person. Get your receipt, return you Wii, go to school, get a good career and buy all of the fucking games you want, okay buddy?

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow. I posted out of a great deal of ignorance. Apologies.

So it's the disc drive that I should be focusing on for this mod chip. So are there different tactics in which developers are taking to get backups/piracy (come on, admit it, you land lubbers) working? What would be a nice way to get a firm grasp on the current situation... like any good websites that discuss this with concise summaries?

Well, the only way they can render a drivemod useless, is to have a new firmware in the eeprom of the disc drive. Im not sure if they can upgrade the disc drive with just a simple update, so I dont think that they will ever render this mod useless.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no honor among theives. I'm buying a modchip to save money on buying games. I don't have a job (full-time school), so I can't afford games. Obviously, I'm going to go the cheapest route and if that includes using someone elses code to program my own PIC chip, I will. If I can save $50 by paying $5 for the code and $2 for a PIC chip, I will.

Don't give me bullshit about buying it from Wiinja because they did all the work, if that were the case then we'd all just buy the games instead.

I see that there isn't any honor among thieves, as you have proven yourself with this post of yours. Tell me this. At the moment when you bought your Wii, were you thinking about putting a modchip in it to play pirated games? No the fuck you didn't. Not until after you bought your Wii that you relized that you were broke, and couldn't afford games. So why the fuck did you buy a Wii for? Program a chip? Wow. You see, theres a diffrence between a broke ass person, and a cheap ass person, and you my friend, is one very cheap ass person. Get your receipt, return you Wii, go to school, get a good career and buy all of the fucking games you want, okay buddy?

Interestingly enough, when I bought the Wii, I knew I would be chipping it. To guess what....play pirated games. I'm cheap, so what? You're basically a posting commercial for the Wiinja.

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Interestingly enough, when I bought the Wii, I knew I would be chipping it. To guess what....play pirated games. I'm cheap, so what? You're basically a posting commercial for the Wiinja.

Okay, well your an exception, but most people were not thinking of chipping the Wii until AFTER they bought it. I mean the struggle to get a Wii was hard enough, and still hard for some people.

But if you are going to get as cheap and dirty as to buy a Wii, rip the game developers off, and then rip of the people that are trying to help you rip the game developers off? Thats too cheap. As refered in other post, cheap "ass" person. This is the second level of cheapness we are looking at here.
lecture.gif

And no, I am not advertising the Wiinja or the Cyclowiz. I am just stating my opinion on how it is annoying when people post about ripping the hex code off the Wiinja and Cyclowiz. You know, that was all it was all about from the start. I don't know how all of this other crap came up. I think people are basing everything on assumptions and thats why topics get off topic.

Now back on topic please

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Okay, well your an exception, but most people were not thinking of chipping the Wii until AFTER they bought it. I mean the struggle to get a Wii was hard enough, and still hard for some people.

But if you are going to get as cheap and dirty as to buy a Wii, rip the game developers off, and then rip of the people that are trying to help you rip the game developers off? Thats too cheap. As refered in other post, cheap "ass" person. This is the second level of cheapness we are looking at here.
lecture.gif

And no, I am not advertising the Wiinja or the Cyclowiz. I am just stating my opinion on how it is annoying when people post about ripping the hex code off the Wiinja and Cyclowiz. You know, that was all it was all about from the start. I don't know how all of this other crap came up. I think people are basing everything on assumptions and thats why topics get off topic.

Now back on topic please

I get what you're saying. Since you didn't ask any questions in your original post though, everyone is just going to post their opinion against yours. So I have to continue, I think a majority of people will be waiting till they get a little cheaper. I mean ya, others may have them earlier and what not, but I can wait. Thing is, I wouldn't want to buy a Wiinja, then have a better one come out in a month or two. I'll just put it this way, considering the amount of people talking about DS stuff and flash cards, I'm SURE more than you think, were planning on chipping.

Like I said, sorry if this is off topic, but what besides your opinion was the topic? Were you just thinking only people that agreed with you would post or?...

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lecture.gif

Now back on topic please

I get what you're saying. Since you didn't ask any questions in your original post though, everyone is just going to post their opinion against yours. So I have to continue, I think a majority of people will be waiting till they get a little cheaper. I mean ya, others may have them earlier and what not, but I can wait. Thing is, I wouldn't want to buy a Wiinja, then have a better one come out in a month or two. I'll just put it this way, considering the amount of people talking about DS stuff and flash cards, I'm SURE more than you think, were planning on chipping.

Like I said, sorry if this is off topic, but what besides your opinion was the topic? Were you just thinking only people that agreed with you would post or?...

Well, it was all a matter of opinion, yeah your right, maybe I should have wrote it a little clearer. I just had to say something about the annoying people that asked for the hex codes, because they were emailing me about, PM-ing me about it, posting tons of threads about it asking the same crap, and not just on this forum, others as well. I saw it every where and it blew off my cap. And yeah, if you want to wait, then do as you please.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All my systems are modded in some way except for my Dreamcast where Sega gave us a free modded console for those who bought the system within a year of launch
tongue.gif

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care how much it costs, I'm just looking for the best value and best functions of a modchip. Obviously I cannot compare anything yet...

As for more to the point, I think Luminite is an idiot... If you can save some money, why not? Instead of posting about how you think everyone should buy a Wiinja, go buy one yourself...

Well, uh.... If you read through my first post throughly then you would have figured out that I have bought one, Secondly, you contridicted yourself by saying "I dont care how much it cost"........."Im just looking for the best value".......and then you go on saying "If you can save money, why not"......

Before you call anyone an idiot, get your facts straight, and go get some good reading lessons, cause all you did was prove how much of an incomputant fool you are.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care how much it costs, I'm just looking for the best value and best functions of a modchip. Obviously I cannot compare anything yet...

As for more to the point, I think Luminite is an idiot... If you can save some money, why not? Instead of posting about how you think everyone should buy a Wiinja, go buy one yourself...

Well, uh.... If you read through my first post throughly then you would have figured out that I have bought one, Secondly, you contridicted yourself by saying "I dont care how much it cost"........."Im just looking for the best value".......and then you go on saying "If you can save money, why not"......

Before you call anyone an idiot, get your facts straight, and go get some good reading lessons, cause all you did was prove how much of an incomputant fool you are.

I think pharoahsvizier is saying he doesn't care if a modchip is $50 or $20, because he'll buy one either way, but given the choice, he'll spend $20 if everything else is equal. I think his reading is probably fine, but your reading comprehension might need some improvement.
lecture.gif

blackflagget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Perhaps you need some comprehension skills. Common sense might help also, who wants to pay more when you can pay less?

GSBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Generally, if you insult someone's intelligence, you had better not show signs of your own lackluster IQ.

Your grammar and spelling are terrible. Don't call someone "incomputant", ever. It's too sad and ironic to see a literate person sink that low. I don't normally play grammar police, but when you call someone else out, it's justified.

Not only that, you point out the obvious. We are cheap? YEA, NO SHIT. Must have been difficult to connect piracy, modchips, and theft together into a single thought, huh?

The Wiinja guys got greedy, end of story. $60 is a lot of money for a chip with so few features. They probably could have pulled that price off too, if competition didn't knock on the door. If it was half the price, they would have sold 3 times as many units. Now they'll be outdated in a few weeks, and lost the opportunity to bank out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1