Hacking I've got an EZ Flash IV running 1.74_RESET. Any reason to upgrade?

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any issues that I know of other than some games ignoring the reset-combination, but that is probably an issue with my transfer utility and not the cart.

Is there any feature that the latest FW adds that is worth upgrading for? I saw that there is now support for SDHC cards, but anything other than that?

EDIT: Shit, my computer messed up when I was posting this and I ended up creating two threads asking the same exact thing. Sorry, sorry, ah

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SDHC support, this possibly also comes at the cost of some older SD cards not working.
It seems to have fixed the freeze at 255 when writing the NOR that some people had, this includes older models as well it would seem.
It might be slightly faster in the save department. Not what took 10 seconds now takes 2 but more what took 10 before now takes maybe 8 and some of the extreme cases no longer happen.
No more DS loader but that had probably already gone.

So yeah basically no reason to upgrade if you are happy running things as it presently stands. It has not suddenly sprouted savestates, a cheat engine worth speaking or anything like that.

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
fast said it.

and i am gonna throw up "if it works, why fix it?"

also:
FAST6191

just a heads up the back to loader thing, works on most of games, but i encountered a few of them that don't.. mainly the 32 mb games.. but today i found one or another that doesn't seem to work..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo