Hacking I've a couple of questions

lbbooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking of installing the homebrew channel on my wii, but I saw all this stuff about cIOSes and IOSes. I got MODmii for windows and downloaded everything I needed, I just want to wait till I know what those things are. If anyone has an answer I would gladly appreciate it.

lbbooga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean I can just install every IOS without problems and that's all I would use them for? I was mostly wondering because I saw something about switching IOSes on the HBC.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
No, it doesn't mean that you can go around and install every IOS without issues, in fact you can easily brick your Wii like this. Certain IOS, mostly in the multiple of ten (e.g. IOS60, IOS70, etc.), are utilized by certain system menus. Throughout system updates, when Nintendo pushes out new IOS files, old system menu IOS will be stubbed out (meaning it is rendered useless). If you install the latest of every IOS, you have a high chance of stubbing out your system menu, bricking your Wii in the process. Case in point, don't install everything. Keep what you have on the Wii, and update anything as necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)