Hardware It's possible to update the Nintendo Switch via USB?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey it's me again, the Brazilian Guy which has a bricked switch, so... I'm still trying to fix my Nintendo Switch and my options are over, however, one of my times loading the Nintendo Switch I noticed that it connects to the PC

Without my Nintendo Switch on my PC :
ICHdWZ0.jpg

With my Nintendo Switch on my PC :
AJKFgX2.jpg

SrOPBIN.png

So ... I was wondering if it would be possible to connect the Nintendo Switch to the PC and then update to fix the OS of My Nintendo Switch, probably the answer is no, but after seeing that there is an '' Update Mode '' with a sequence of buttons that can update via USB the Nintendo Switch I was hoping that it is still possible to fix my Nintendo Switch

PS: Sorry for My English.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey it's me again, the Brazilian Guy which has a bricked switch, so... I'm still trying to fix my Nintendo Switch and my options are over, however, one of my times loading the Nintendo Switch I noticed that it connects to the PC

ICHdWZ0.jpg

AJKFgX2.jpg

SrOPBIN.png

So ... I was wondering if it would be possible to connect the Nintendo Switch to the PC and then update to fix the OS of My Nintendo Switch, probably the answer is no, but after seeing that there is an '' Update Mode '' with a sequence of buttons that can update via USB the Nintendo Switch I was hoping that it is still possible to fix my Nintendo Switch

NO

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it is more likely to get Nintendo Support in North Korea than in Brazil.
So, I would understand the reasons for trying to get it fixed by himself.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why not send to someone in the states and get them to do the warranty for you if it that much of an issue. I would but I'm in the uk

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly is the problem with it?
This:
Nop, I Just playing Zelda and this happen :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-nintendo-switch-is-bricked-stuck-on-the-boot-screen.488699/

I can't go to Recovery Mode for some reason even though I press the buttons and volume nothing happens and i can't send for Nintendo to get it repaired because i living in Brazil =/
PS: Sorry for my English

I left my Switch in a friend's house so I can not try this on the topic, but my hope is that if I can execute this combination that the Switch will update in some way and I can finally solve the problem

Do you need some cartridge / game to enter this mode?, My games are all digital (it imports games in physical media is very expensive in Brazil)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's not booting? Probably a broken harddrive, or in this case a broken EMMC board. If you got warrenty, exchange it. If not? Pop it open try reseating the EMMC module.

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ICHdWZ0.jpg

AJKFgX2.jpg

SrOPBIN.png

did we ever get an answer to this?

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, you can tweak priorities only so much, and when buying a Switch amounts to three months of rent... Well, buying a second switch because the first one stopped working is quite much a PITA difficult to justify.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but he is going to get it back or he can just charge it and return before his statement comes in
Hmmm... That would be illegal sure, but also I don't think Brazilian clerks/shop owners could be stupid enough not to notice the tampering.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you can tweak priorities only so much, and when buying a Switch amounts to three months of rent... Well, buying a second switch because the first one stopped working is quite much a PITA difficult to justify.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmm... That would be illegal sure, but also I don't think Brazilian clerks/shop owners could be stupid enough not to notice the tampering.
how can they notice it is not like Nintnedo bothers to put tamper resistant stickers on their consoles like xbox
why would they care anyways they just ship it back to Nintendo and get made whole again anyways , it's not their problem it's Nintendo's problem

Last edited by weatMod,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how can they notice it is not like Nintnedo bothers to put tamper resistant stickers on their consoles like xbox
why would they care anyways they just ship it back to Nintendo
Sure the sellers themselves bother, I wouldn't be surprised if they add stickers or screw paint on their own.
In Brazil (probably, I tell by my knowledge of neighbour Argentina) the sellers don't really get covered by Nintendo if the console is bad or whatever, they have to cover the loses out of their pockets, so sure they will care extra carefully not to be tricked.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure the sellers themselves bother, I wouldn't be surprised if they add stickers or screw paint on their own.
In Brazil (probably, I tell by my knowledge of neighbour Argentina) the sellers don't really get covered by Nintendo if the console is bad or whatever, they have to cover the loses out of their pockets, so sure they will care extra carefully not to be tricked.
oh ok i am not sure how it works in Brsil
i figured if the console was sold to an end user they would not honor warranty
i thought maybe the retailer could return it N, but i guess they get them off the back of a truck or something and not ordered directly through Nintendo
things sound pretty crazy there

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
why would they care anyways they just ship it back to Nintendo and get made whole again anyways , it's not their problem it's Nintendo's problem
1 - Every electronic devices sold, even in grey market, gets a anti tamper sticker with the store info. There was only 2 times I've bought something that didn't received such stickers because the store keep records of serial numbers and know where the original anti tamper stickers were. So in case of Nintendo Switch? It will receive anti tamper stickers, sometimes lots of them.
2 - They care because even the grey market offer some type of warranty, and they surely wants to avoid warranties if they can show any misuse and attempts to dismantle the device by the consumer.
3 - Most stores can't ship directly to Nintendo, right now, all and every Nintendo hardware sold in Brazil are either officially imported by small companies (and they are the most expensive options) or comes from grey market, and those sold in grey market are either bought in Paraguay (another country) or kinda of smuggled in "personal travels", so in most cases the Brazilian store must bring back damaged consoles to Paraguay to attempt replacements or wait the "guy who brings the stock" to travel again to the USA.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, , Reason: Missing some portions.
Reactions: weatMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1