ROM Hack It's a Wonderful World

Vietstylzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
argggg ! i patched with success ( it said patching finished) but it'still in japanese :'( i have R4 , i don't trimm the rom...
i take the file UNPACK.. help me plz xD

Jkeeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'm getting weird reactions with the patcher. I have a clean rom, . First time I got some error "nilobject" , t Now when I run it through it says patch successful, yet it output a 61MB rom. So I tried again, this time I got 49MB. Tried one more time 90MB. Using Windows XP

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
'm getting weird reactions with the patcher. I have a clean rom, . First time I got some error "nilobject" , t Now when I run it through it says patch successful, yet it output a 61MB rom. So I tried again, this time I got 49MB. Tried one more time 90MB. Using Windows XP

Make sure you have enough disk space (400MB or more) before patching!
lecture.gif

QUOTE(rmco2003 @ Nov 9 2007, 12:40 AM)Yeah it requires at least 3 times the amount of disk space as the original rom, so make sure you have space before patching!

Coppanuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... if it takes up this much space before the patch is complete... does that mean this'll take like... 3 gigs to hold on a flash card?

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Make sure you have enough disk space (400MB or more) before patching!
lecture.gif

Yeah it requires at least 3 times the amount of disk space as the original rom, so make sure you have space before patching!

Require at least 400MB of disk space? I have about 30 GB still free on my hard drive? Can someone clarify? Lol, I'm a bit confused about this disk space requirement.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to my watching/reading of Death Note (great series, btw) I am curious why Death God was chosen over just retaining the title Shinigami?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean that sometimes they are benevolent and sometimes evil? I'm not arguing that it SHOULD be Shinigami, I'm just curious as to the decision, that's all. It was my (very very basic) understanding that Shinigami was simply Japanese for Death God.

Now clearly the Death Gods that they are referring to in IAWW are different than say REM or Ryuk in Death Note. But Horus and Anubis are quite different from Yahweh as well, and they are all still considered deities.

It doesn't really matter either way, I'm just happy to understand the first day (and then some) of the dialog without going back and forth between a computer
smile.gif

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At that point in time (which was a few months back) I just decided to translate it as Death God, but even now my decision remains final, I'm not using Shinigami because 99% of English speakers will not understand what Shinigami means, so I'll be using an english term instead.

Yugge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At that point in time (which was a few months back) I just decided to translate it as Death God, but even now my decision remains final, I'm not using Shinigami because 99% of English speakers will not understand what Shinigami means, so I'll be using an english term instead.
I thought you went for Mortis Deus? I liked that ^^

Anyway, I just read through all the thread. I wanted to hint at translate.google.com since it's really more acurate then bablefish. Good luck guys!

yiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A shinigami is a "reaper". A person who takes souls. Bleach has chosen to give them a positive tone, taking souls to heaven (soul society), while deathnote make them more like the regular "Death" reaper.

Both are shinigami.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or rather, why?