Hacking it´s a patched vWii ios58( usb access) preventing my wiiu from Update to 5.3.2

datrico89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Homebrew channel will continue funtioning if I install a clean vWii ios58?????????

please someone that have a clean vWii IOS58 sent it to me or upload somewhere i need one thanks you all for the trouble

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, HBC only need IOS 58 without any patch, and yes, Wii U will not update if at trying to overwrite previous IOS on Wii side it found fake signed ones.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
~I don't understand the confusion. As far as any of us know, using vwii homebrew and CIOS won't affect updates on the Wii U. vWii and Wii U are basically seperate.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
~I don't understand the confusion. As far as any of us know, using vwii homebrew and CIOS won't affect updates on the Wii U. vWii and Wii U are basically seperate.

That's not correct, when you update your Wii U it will also update some IOS on Wii side, it happens that Nintendo will only update system critical IOS like 58, 36, 37, etc. Others don't get touched, that's why it's recomendable only install cIOS in slots +200, they will never be updated by Nintendo. If you have the bad idea to patch your IOS 58 then it's highly possible you can't update your Wii U, because it will check the IOS 58, will check that it's fake signed, and the update process will get stuck.

datrico89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
slow conection in work and it's borrowed, I alredy got clean ios58 I gonna install it and inform the rest, next week when I get the chance to do the process

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

I'm so glad I read this. Don't listen to Ray Lewis. Uninstalling the IOS is the one of the worst things you could possibly do at this point. Just run a SysCheck and copy down that error number.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not correct, when you update your Wii U it will also update some IOS on Wii side, it happens that Nintendo will only update system critical IOS like 58, 36, 37, etc. Others don't get touched, that's why it's recomendable only install cIOS in slots +200, they will never be updated by Nintendo. If you have the bad idea to patch your IOS 58 then it's highly possible you can't update your Wii U, because it will check the IOS 58, will check that it's fake signed, and the update process will get stuck.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Why would anybody patch their IOS58 then? Doesn't IOS58 already work fine for homebrew as it is? Is there any positive reason or benefit to patching it? I know we use slots 200 and it's fine, but patching something so integral like 58, 36 etc. seems like a very bad idea.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Why would anybody patch their IOS58 then? Doesn't IOS58 already work fine for homebrew as it is? Is there any positive reason or benefit to patching it? I know we use slots 200 and it's fine, but patching something so integral like 58, 36 etc. seems like a very bad idea.

They're likely following ancient guides for Wii homebrew that tell people they need to patch IOS 58 if they're on FW 4.2 or lower. Basically everything you shouldn't do when modding vWii rolled into one bad decision

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not convinced it's 58. The OP hasn't mentioned the channel being flipped.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As I read it's common for IOS58 to show "USB 2.0" on syscheck (at least on Wii U) and this is probably what makes him think that IOS58 is the problem.
I'm pretty sure mine shows the same thing in syscheck (I ran it once but it was a while ago so I can't be sure) and I definitely haven't touched that IOS.

datrico89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
As I read it's common for IOS58 to show "USB 2.0" on syscheck (at least on Wii U) and this is probably what makes him think that IOS58 is the problem.
I'm pretty sure mine shows the same thing in syscheck (I ran it once but it was a while ago so I can't be sure) and I definitely haven't touched that IOS.

I ran syscheck after I ¨overwrote¨ ios58 with the clean one that OriginalHamster sent to me, but sycheck keep saying ios58 usb access, and now I read that syscheck shows that way the information about that ios. I haven´t done the update process again with all the ¨changes¨ but I alredy did the process to ios80 too, that was the one that I patched for custom channels but the information was not displayed in syscheck aparently correct in first place , I just overwrote that ios80 with clean one because I remember I used a patch sometime ago, but that information was not dysplayed in syscheck it just said ¨SinParches¨, but I have forwaders installed, VC .... I have no conclusions yet about update Iam going to try sometime in this week. I used syscheck 2.3.2 I´m sorry any mistakes writing in english

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I ran syscheck after I ¨overwrote¨ ios58 with the clean one that OriginalHamster sent to me, but sycheck keep saying ios58 usb access, and now I read that syscheck shows that way the information about that ios. I haven´t done the update process again with all the ¨changes¨ but I alredy did the process to ios80 too, that was the one that I patched for custom channels but the information was not displayed in syscheck aparently correct in first place , I just overwrote that ios80 with clean one because I remember I used a patch sometime ago, but that information was not dysplayed in syscheck it just said ¨SinParches¨, but I have forwaders installed, VC .... I have no conclusions yet about update Iam going to try sometime in this week. I used syscheck 2.3.2 I´m sorry any mistakes writing in english

Actually custom channels work without messing with any IOS, patching IOS80 is only needed if you want to run them using the "SD Card Menu" feature.

Reactions: Margen67

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Glad this is worked out, but for future reference, IOS58 is the only unmodified IOS to have a USB2.0 driver.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password